The GIS Analyst/Developer will assist in the creation and maintenance of GIS datasets within an enterprise geodatabase environment. The GIS Analyst/Developer will work with the Senior GIS Analyst and GIS Manager to integrate non-GIS data sources (CAD, tabular and scanned hard copy data) and bring them into the enterprise geodatabase with attention to QA/QC (Quality Assurance & Control). In addition, the GIS Analyst/Developer will be responsible for map creation (including web maps and web scenes) and Application creation/development/extension. In general the GIS Analyst/ Developer will assist the Senior GIS Analyst in maintaining the organization's online mapping system, including data updates, system enhancements, and application development.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY/ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and update an enterprise geodatabase from a variety of data sources (CAD, GPS, imagery)
- Field data collection using ArcGIS Field Apps, GPS Receivers, and UAV/Aerial Drones
- Geo-referencing AutoCAD, Image and PDF files
- Spatial analysis workflows, web map creation, and web application configuration and development
- Experience with the ESRI ArcGIS platform including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, and ArcGIS field applications for iOS (Field Maps, Quick Capture, & Survey123)
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Server Manager, ArcGIS Server REST API, and ArcGIS Server Administrator Director to accomplish Server and service configuration and maintenance tasks. Ability to work well under deadlines and prioritize multiple projects while adjusting workload accordingly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with other teams and departments and assist in data creation and mapping product requests
- Data integrity monitoring, including error detection and correction for authoritative datasets
- Consistent adherence to accepted data standards
- Experience with CAD, Python, API’s and Arcade
- Ability to automate database and server management tasks using standard Python programming language and ESRI Python scripting libraries (arcpy and arcgis).
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university in geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or a relevant field or two years related experience in a similar role.
Experience: 2-5 years relevant work or combined educational experience in the field of GIS, cartography, geography or data analytics.
Skills/Abilities: Strong data management skills, technical problem-solving ability, attention to detail, and experience with Excel is required. Communication and time-management skills are essential. Strong organizational, problem-solving and creative skills with the ability to manage priorities and workflow. Proven ability to work well independently (and unsupervised at times) as well as part of a team. Ability to work effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels. Creative, flexible, and innovative team player. Must be detail oriented.
Required Technology Skills:
- ESRI ArcGIS platform applications
- ArcGIS Pro Desktop
- ArcGIS Online/Portal
- ArcGIS Enterprise
- ArcGIS Field Apps
- ArcGIS Dashboards/Web App Builder
- Microsoft Office 365
- Python Programming Language
- Arcade Scripting Language
Beneficial Technology Skills:
- SketchUp, Revit or other 3D modeling/BIMS experience
- Microsoft Power BI
- UAV Pilot’s license and/or experience