Senior Software Engineer
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Cloud Engineering team in Bengaluru, reporting to the manager of Software Engineering. In this role, you will be a key member of the Cloud Team working on the Infoblox vNIOS, an extension of Infoblox NIOS on public and private cloud platforms. Infoblox NIOS provides core network services and a framework for integrating all the components of the modular Infoblox solution. It provides integrated, secure, and easy-to-manage DNS (Domain Name System), IPAM (IP address management), and other services. You will be a key contributor to the various NextGen features that customers will be looking for on vNIOS.
You are the ideal candidate if you are a strategic thinker, collaborate across teams to drive results and possess a truly agile mindset. You also have strong a desire to learn and explore new technologies and demonstrate good analysis and problem-solving skills. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a strong, growing, successful, and innovative organization. Infoblox allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on career growth, excellence, innovation, and collaboration.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in design discussions to address long-term design objectives
- Generate software designs and scope effort for new product features in a very agile environment
- Create software using Python and C/C++ for a Linux-based operating system
- Mentor, guide, and provide design and code reviews for other engineers
- Work with QA to help define effective test strategies and techniques
- Work with Sustaining Engineering and Customer Technical Support to diagnose and resolve challenging field issues
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of experience in software development with demonstrated experience in leading design efforts
- Excellent Python, C/C++ programming skills, with minimum experience with different virtualization environments, including VMware, Microsoft, and Citrix
- Experience working with Azure, Amazon, or Google cloud environments
- Experience working with OpenStack or Openshift Private Cloud environments will be added advantage
- Experience in networking technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Knowledge of networking is essential, experience with network management and SNMP
- Proven track record of shipping quality software products on time
- Robust problem analysis and diagnostic capabilities
- Ability to lead small teams or work independently as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, EE, or equivalent is required
- Master’s in CS, CE, or EE is preferred
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Understand key functionalities of Infoblox DDI Solutions and key offerings of vNIOS
- Start contributing toward the strategic initiatives the Cloud team is driving and start addressing key customer issues
After about a year, you will…
- Be an independent key contributor to Cloud Team
- Play a major role in analyzing, designing, delivering, and maintain various customer requirements in the vDiscovery space
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including industry best insurance benefits and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- A courtyard and amenities like an onsite gym, table tennis, pool table, play area, etc.
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.