Senior Data Business Systems Analyst
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Senior Data Business Systems Analyst to join our IT Applications and Data team reporting to the Senior Director of Business Intelligence. In this instrumental role, you will collaborate with various business functions and IT development teams to deliver business intelligence (BI) reporting and analytics capabilities for the company. You will be working with the IT Product Managers to shape the data roadmap, provide data insights, and help enable a true data-driven, decision-making organization leveraging cloud technologies.
You’re the ideal candidate if you can influence; collaborate; and break down complex, big-picture information and explain it to both technical and non-technical teams in easy-to-understand terms.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of business needs by working closely with the data product manager and how data is turned into information and knowledge
- Help craft user stories and define key performance indicators (KPI) and metrics by partnering with business users and senior management
- Work closely with program and development managers to determine priorities and assist with monthly staffing estimations
- Analyze business processes and requirements and translate the results into reporting requirements and BI best practices engineers can follow and understand
- Help engineers better understand the business so they can deliver more effective solutions
- Work with data modelers to perform data profiling and analysis
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of BI experience that includes thought leadership and a sound understanding of business objectives and processes in SaaS companies
- Experience performing data profiling activities to assist with BI solution design and delivery
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for interacting with business and technical teams at various levels
- Excellent understanding of finance and order management domains
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and create business requirements definitions and functional requirements definitions for engineers
- Ability to work with managers to showcase the business value of the BI deliveries to executives through storytelling
- Strong problem-solving skills and an aptitude to learn new skills
- Technical BA or BS
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Be the conduit between product managers and development team members
- Have strong cross-functional business knowledge
After about a year, you will…
- Be a critical part of delivering key metrics and business intelligence from a single source of truth for a SaaS organization
- Be a key contributor to a high-performing data team
- Have a stellar relationship with user communities
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Onsite massages, clubs, farmers market, and fitness classes
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Outdoor amenities, seating, and courtyard BBQ
- Dog park and pet-friendly programs
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.