Principal Data Architect
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Data Architect to join our Architecture team. In this role, you will be a thought leader who will execute the technical aspects of Infoblox's data strategy by developing a company-wide data architecture, data governance processes, extensions to our existing data lake, and producing the data model artifacts as part of the architecture process. You will be part of the Architecture team and work with the best technical and thought leaders at Infoblox.
You’re the ideal candidate if you are you are detail-oriented and outcome-driven, thrive in complex operating environments, value the power of teamwork, and have a passion for learning.
What you’ll do:
- Manage data architecture components spanning Engineering-developed products and traditional IT business applications
- Collaborate with solution architects, software engineers, product managers, and business analysts to understand the current and future data and system needs of the business
- Establish and promote data standards in terms of nomenclature and target state data architectures, which includes describing data models, data flows, processing, and usage
- Define data flows, originating parties and processes, entities requiring data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses
- Develop comprehensive data models for the entire Infoblox product line
- Develop diagrams representing key data entities and their relationships
What you’ll bring:
- 15+ years of experience in data architecture and data modeling
- Expert knowledge of database structure systems and data processing
- In-depth knowledge of data warehousing and ETL/ELT
- Extensive experience designing data systems and solutions to manage data in complex, distributed, and massively parallel systems
- Extensive experience with data engineering tools, languages, and frameworks for the mining, cleansing, and exploration of data
- Experience with managing data models that extend across a polyglot persistence infrastructure
- An understanding of data virtualization solutions is highly desirable
- Proven experience developing big data solutions
- Experience with data sovereignty and data security aspects are highly desirable
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field, master’s preferred
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Achieve mastery of the Infoblox product data models
- Provide leadership and structure in the monetization of data
After about a year, you will…
- Move effortlessly throughout the data lake
- Play a critical role in the execution of the Infoblox data strategy
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Onsite massages, clubs, farmers market, and fitness classes
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Outdoor amenities, seating, and courtyard BBQ
- Dog park and pet-friendly programs
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.