Sr Product Support Engineer
Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty.
Imperva is a leading provider of data and application security solutions that protect business-critical information in the cloud and on-premise. Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, SMBs and service providers who rely on Imperva Incapsula to securely deliver their websites and applications at lightning speed.
Why Imperva? We have experienced the following growth and achievements
- We have over 6,200 customers
- 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
- Imperva’s Web Application Firewall has been in the Leader’s Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for 4 straight years
- Imperva Incapsula is a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Services with the highest score in the “current offering” category
Imperva, the leader in Data Security, is looking for a Sr. Product Support Engineer to join the Global Customer and Product Support Team, to be located at our Boston, MA office.
This is a key role at Imperva and as a Sr. Product Support Engineer, for our diverse and industry leading customers, you will be part of the Global Support Team working alongside our exceptional team of professionals in Product Support, Engineering, QA and Sales Security Engineering (SE). Also working with Partners, you will be responsible for incoming Level-2 and 3 support calls from our customers in the US and resolving the technical issues from beginning through completion---total account management. We are looking for people who want to grow in their career, as Imperva develops and grows many of its leaders and management from within.
- Handling level 2-3 support cases, working directly with Imperva customers, partners and Sales Engineers.
- Escalating customer’s technical product issues to the Imperva Engineering department and working with them to achieve a resolution.
- Analyzing Support case trends and customer requirements while working with the Product Teams to help enhance the product.
- Assessing the customer’s technical environment and requirements while managing expectations and following through on solutions or consulting on deployments.
- Mentor Level 1 Engineers; consult on their cases and assist with escalation issues.
- Be proactive with all the latest technologies concerning Imperva’s products and the underlying technologies and disseminate this knowledge to the other engineers.
- Contribute to the Imperva knowledge base, writing guides, technical how-to articles, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of high-level Technical Support experience with an additional 2 years of experience working with Security or Network related products.
- Excellent Customer Support skills coupled with a BSCS Degree or equivalent experience.
- Solid experience working with Internet Security and Networking Technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, Proxies and Firewalls and experience with Relational Databases ( MsSQL, Oracle, MySQL, DB2).
- Prior experience with Linux and other Unix operating systems.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly, succinctly and accurately.
- Demonstrated aptitude for mastering new software applications.
- Experience with a cloud based solution, preferably in the Application security sector
- Experience with implementing and support of AWS and/or an Azure environment
- Strong English communications skills - written and verbal
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python, Shell
- Experience in Software Development or QA of Network/Security/Database products
Imperva, is a leading provider of cyber security solutions that protect business-critical data and applications. The company’s SecureSphere™ and Incapsula™ product lines enable organizations to discover assets and vulnerabilities, protect information wherever it lives – on-premises and in the cloud – and comply with regulations. The Imperva Application Defense Center, a research team comprised of some of the world’s leading experts in data and application security, continually enhance Imperva products with up-to-the minute threat intelligence, and publish reports that provide insight and guidance on the latest threats and how to mitigate them. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.Legal Notice
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.