Senior Product Support Engineer, India
Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty.
Imperva is a leading provider of data and application security solutions that protect business-critical information in the cloud and on-premise. Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, SMBs and service providers who rely on Imperva Incapsula to securely deliver their websites and applications at lightning speed.
Why Imperva? We have experienced the following growth and achievements
· Imperva’s Web Application Firewall has been in the Leader’s Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for 7th straight years
· 2020 SC Magazine Best Database Security Award
· Imperva Cloud WAF is a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Services with the highest score in the “current offering” category
- Handling level 2/ level 3 technical support cases, working directly with Imperva customers, partners, Sales Engineers, Professional Services, Customer Success Managers and other parts of the organization.
- Must be an SME (Subject Matter Expert) on an Imperva product, create training content and deliver quarterly enablement session to the team.
- Troubleshooting of complex issues such as performance problems, system crashes, packet inspections and in-depth log analysis.
- Find both workaround and provide best solution for customer with good judgment in selecting methods, techniques. Have the ability to prioritize based on facts and problem severity and / or business impact.
- Responding to customers with respect to the organization’s SLAs via email/phone.
- Be available on the Support hotline and answer any new/existing ticket calls from customers.
- Schedule remote sessions with customers when required for live troubleshooting, depending on the nature and sensitivity of the issue.
- Escalating customer’s technical product issues to the Imperva backline escalations teams and working with them to achieve a resolution.
- Analyzing Support case trends and customer requirements while working with the Product Teams to help enhance the product.
- Assessing the customer’s technical environment and requirements while managing expectations and following through on solutions or consulting on deployments.
- Mentor Level 1 Engineers; consult on their cases and assist with escalation issues.
- Be proactive with all the latest technologies concerning Imperva’s products and the underlying technologies and disseminate this knowledge to the other engineers.
- Contribute to the Imperva knowledge base, writing guides, technical how-to articles, etc.
- Minimum 8 years of technical support experience working with networking technologies, network security, operating systems (such as Linux/UNIX) and protocols like HTTP and SSL.
- Excellent Customer Support skills coupled with a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding in Internet Security and Networking Technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, Proxies and Firewalls as well as experience with Relational Databases ( MsSQL, Oracle, MySQL, DB2).
- Prior experience with Linux and other Unix operating systems.
- Working knowledge with networking/browser developer tools such as wireshark, tcpdump. Openssl, burp, fiddler, postman and curl.
- Understand cloud provider ecosystems such as AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly, succinctly and accurately.
- Demonstrated aptitude for mastering new software applications.
- Ability to adapt to new features, technologies and new processes that are integrated within the organization.
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python, Shell
- Experience in Software Development or QA of Network/Security/Database products
- Experience with different CRM systems – Salesforce, Jira
- Must (at least two): CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, ITIL, Linux, MCITP, AWS/Azure/GCP, Any DB-related certification, Any Scripting language certification
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.