About Imperva and the ICO Team
Imperva is an analyst-recognized market-leading provider of software and services for securing networks, applications, and data.
The Infrastructure and Cloud Operations team (ICO) is responsible for the design, deployment, and operation of Imperva’s hosted product offerings, including DDoS protection, Content Delivery (CDN), and Web Application Firewall (WAF).
We operate from more than 47 data centers across 37 countries, and we’re working hard to grow that footprint to meet our customers’ demands.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced systems architect to help us specify, select, and evolve the hardware that powers our hosted offerings, including bare-metal applications and virtualization and containers.
- With input from our internal development partners and capacity planning team, identify and specify hardware and technologies suitable for deployment in our data centers to support our current and future products.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and candidate system manufacturers and integrators.
- Continually research technology evolution, vendor roadmaps and standards development to identify opportunities to improve our reliability and scale.
- Develop and execute proof-of-concept and benchmark/performance tests.
- Balance multiple factors, including performance, thermals, power, density, and cost when making selections and recommendations.
- Communicate decisions and findings to both technical and non-technical audiences in writing and interactively.
- Expert knowledge of and 8+ years of experience with modern compute hardware at the CPU, GPU, memory, storage and bus level.
- Expert knowledge of silicon roadmaps and established and developing industry standards.
- A deep understanding of current network interface technologies, including physical network interfaces, such as 100G-SR4 Ethernet, and related concepts such as offload, SmartNICs and DPDK.
- A deep understanding of Linux and container networking, including packet processing and protocols such as TCP and TLS/SSL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Your work will require generating alignment between many parties across various specialties.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.