Network Operations Centre Engineer
Network Operations Engineer
Imperva is a leading cybersecurity provider delivering best-in-class solutions to protect data and applications – wherever they reside – on-premises, in the cloud, and across hybrid environments.
The critical mission of Imperva’s Network Operations Center is to operate our complex production environment. This is highly perilous for us to achieve a performant, reliable, highly available network infrastructure and services to support and advance Imperva’s mission.
The Network Operations Center achieves its mission through extensive evaluation, careful planning, proactive 24/7/365 monitoring and outstanding responsiveness combined with excellent customer service, thus allowing both Imperva’s customers and internal stakeholders to focus on their own specific missions and business objectives.
The NOC Engineer will possess a high-level networking and operational knowledge. This will enable the NOC to improve various aspects of its operations. From maintaining and implementing monitoring systems, improving and defining the NOC’s standard operations procedures and taking active part in incident management. The engineer will also oversee various projects with direct impact on the reliability and performance of the Imperva network.
- Monitoring of the Imperva global network, including monitoring configuration and alerting, designing new monitoring capabilities, and maintaining current solutions
- Define standard operating procedures
- Take part in incident management
- Training and mentoring
- Building and maintaining knowledge
- Point of escalation for critical customer issues
- Take part in improving Imperva’s global network performance and stability
- Assist on long term projects and operational issues as needed
- Analyze operational data to produce reports and insights on network performance
- Willingness to grow in knowledge and span of responsibility
- Networking certifications: CCNA/JNCIA - must
- Strong understanding of Internetworking (BGP)
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, HTTP/S and DNS
- Basic knowledge of Linux and scripting languages
- A strong team player who is accountable towards business urgency
- Self-starter personality
- Experience with network monitoring systems to include configuration and maintenance - advantage
- Experience with various monitoring tools/systems (Zabbix, Grafana, ELK, Pingdom etc…) as user and as maintainer - advantage
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.