Automation Infra Engineer
Automation Infra Engineer
Imperva, pioneering the third pillar of enterprise security, fills the gaps in endpoint and network security by directly protecting high-value applications and data assets in physical and virtual data centre’s. With an integrated security platform built specifically for modern threats, Imperva data canter security provides the visibility and control needed to neutralize attack, theft, and fraud from inside and outside; to mitigate risk; and to streamline compliance.
Imperva IT is looking for an Automation Infra Engineer to join our global team with extensive experience with Script Automation (Python, Shell, Bash) at large enterprise on-prem and multi cloud IT Infrastructure systems.
As an Automation Infra Engineer, you will thrive to automate everything with state of the art tools and frameworks. Manage hundreds of servers and assets, build multi-vendor environments across Imperva's worldwide offices and Data Centers while also having the opportunity to grow and learn new technologies.
What would your day look like?
- You will Introduce and implement IT projects focusing on automation.
- Writing and maintaining Tools, Apps, and scripts to improve system management tasks and time to market.
- Create systems and services through automation. Get ahead of customer needs. gather, and analyze metrics from OS’s, hardware, and applications.
- Provide configuration management, patch management and security compliance for virtual/physical infrastructure.
- Work closely with PD and the IT-Infrastructure global team.
- Manage Tier 3 escalations and offer solutions to our Product Development department with responding to requests and incidents.
- VMWare product suite automation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting on issues and root cause analysis to prevent future incidents.
- Assist with the evaluation of next-generation hardware, software and Cloud Services to ensuring direct fit with Infrastructure and business use-cases.
- Manage Infrastructure on AWS, Azure and GCP according to our policies.
- Follow vendors best practices for hardware and software configuration.
- Hybrid mode, attendance between 2 to 3 times a week.
- Languages: Python, Bash, Shell
- 3 years experience building Tools\Apps\Scripts to manage platform infrastructure and applications on On-prem and Could environments.
- Experience with IaC, CM tools (Salt, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- build container-based platforms
- Security-mindset, knowledge of cybersecurity principles.
- 3 years Hands-on experience designing, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Linux servers and application deployments (RedHat\CentOS, ubuntu).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with platforms as VMWare, K8’s, Enterprise Storage systems. Configuration Management, Patch Management.
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems as Git.
- 3 years Hands-on experience with major cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
What skills you need to have:
Stack: VMWare, Kubernetes, Terraform, Salt, Puppet, RedHat, CentOS, sh, Bash, Python, AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Independent and self-driven.
- Customer Service Centric
- Able to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Understanding large scale corporate environments
- Expertise on Python, sh, Bash, PowerShell,
- Expertise on Linux and its flavors (must).
- Virtualization experience with VMware and Kubernetes.
- Expertise on Windows (nice to have).
- Experience working on open-source platforms (Apache, Tomcat, nginx, Node.js, etc).
- Basic network understanding
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work with colleagues in a team environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to self-learn
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.