Sr. Sales Engineer
Senior Sales Engineer
Due to our growth, our Imperva team is looking for a customer centric Senior Sales Engineer (SE), to join the Global Field Sales Team, to be preferably based in the Greater Seattle Area / Pacific Northwest.
You will be supporting an award-winning Enterprise Field Sales Team who consistently hit their commission accelerators and attend President's Club so we are looking for an exceptionally talented, motivated Senior Sales Engineer to bring their 'A game' and join a successful Team.
We would prefer someone whose main technical strengths lie in either Application Security or Full Stack Development, as the current Team has considerable depth and experience in Database Security.
Imperva is a pioneer and leader of a new category of business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data in the data center. Thousands of the world’s leading businesses, government organizations, and service providers rely on Imperva solutions to protect against data breaches, meet compliance mandates, and manage data risk.
The Senior Sales Engineer (SE) will work alongside the Regional Sales Managers, as part of the Global Sales Team and oversee the sales support of Imperva's Web Application and Data Security/Compliance products to existing and prospective customers with the assigned geographic region. The Sr. SE is an integral part of the sales organization and assists the sales team with pre-sales technical knowledge, presentations, demonstrations, workshops, and POVs. They work closely with sales managers, prospects and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
· Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and remotely, and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how Imperva’s solutions deliver value to them.
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue.
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences, when needed.
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team.
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business.
- Ensure successful on-site product evaluations and post-sale installations when necessary.
- Manage the Regional Strategic Account customer base on their technical needs.
- Plan, manage and execute customer product pilots.
· Greater than 3 years of experience in pre-sales engineering, application security, data security, DevSecOps / DevOps, or real-world use of database and/or web application solutions; preferably with 5+ of these as a sales engineer and experience working in a start-up and vendor environment
- Must have excellent listening, presentation, demonstration, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be practiced in value based or consultative sales methodologies (ie.. Customer Centric Selling, Command of the Message, MEDDIC, SPIN, Value Selling, etc…)
- Experience working with cloud solution such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Possess a solid understanding of web applications, databases, information security, and audit/compliance environments
- Must have experience with Linux
- Must have knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP/S, load balancers, proxies and firewalls
- Cloud Certifications from ISC2(CCSP), AWS, Azure, or GCP – a significant advantage
- Experience in application development (Python, Go, Node.js, .NET, Java) – a significant advantage
- Experience with automation, scripting and/or using RegEx - an advantage
- Knowledge in RDBMS or NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Amazon RDS, Azure Cosmos, Azure SQL, Cloudera, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS-SQL, DB2, etc..) – a significant advantage
- Knowledge of compliance standards (GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, PCI DSS, SOX, FISMA, etc…) – an advantage
- Knowledge of advanced internet route selection and/or tunneling protocols - an advantage
- Must have excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to travel up to 75%
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.