Senior Product Support Engineer
As a Support Engineer for our End User Customers, you will play an integral part in building our Imperva Global Support Team, working alongside our exceptional team of professionals in Product Support, Engineering, QA, and Sales Security Engineering (SE). The successful applicant will gain a deep understanding of the Imperva product line technology while diagnosing and solving complex technical issues and creating a viable and timely solution to customers.
- Handling level 2-3 support cases, working directly with Imperva customers, partners and Sales Engineers.
- Escalating customer’s technical product issues to the Imperva Engineering department and working with them to achieve a resolution.
- Analyzing Support case trends and customer requirements while working with the Product Teams to help enhance the product.
- Assessing the customer’s technical environment and requirements while managing expectations and following through on solutions or consulting on deployments.
- Mentor Level 1 Engineers; consult on their cases and assist with escalation issues.
- Be proactive with all the latest technologies concerning Imperva’s products and the underlying technologies and disseminate this knowledge to the other engineers.
- Contribute to the Imperva knowledge base, writing guides, technical how-to articles, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of high-level Technical Support experience with an additional 2 years of experience working with Security or Network related products.
- Excellent Customer Support skills coupled with a BSCS Degree or equivalent experience.
- Solid experience working with Internet Security and Networking Technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, Proxies and Firewalls and experience with Relational Databases ( MsSQL, Oracle, MySQL, DB2).
- Prior experience with Linux and other Unix operating systems.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly, succinctly and accurately.
- Demonstrated aptitude for mastering new software applications.
- Experience with a cloud based solution, preferably in the Application security sector
- Experience with implementing and support of AWS and/or an Azure environment
- Strong English communications skills - written and verbal
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python, Shell
- Experience in Software Development or QA of Network/Security/Database products
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business.