Customer Success and Delivery Consultant, Japan
Who are We
Imperva is a pioneer and leader in business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data. Thousands of the world’s leading businesses, government organizations, and service providers rely on Imperva solutions to prevent data breaches, meet compliance mandates, and manage data risk. As part of API Security product development team in Imperva, we are working on the most advanced API Threat Protection platform to go beyond the gateway that discovers, monitors and secures APIs to prevent data breaches. Imperva’s API Security is purpose-built for modern application architectures, and is deployed with zero impact to inline performance, with no changes required to applications or DevOps processes.
As a Customer Success and Delivery Consultant (CSD Consultant), you will work closely with our key Japanese customers to deliver technical and engineering activities, while also supporting the growth and relationship of our customers as a trusted advisor.
This role is centered on driving successful implementations and operational experiences after a customer has selected Imperva. It is expected that this is a “rapid career growth” role that will grow and evolve over time as the services business continues to expand in Japan.
Initially the successful candidate will be technically focused, directly helping our customers with implementation and operations. As your career progresses in Imperva, the role will likely pivot to a relationship-centric role to help our enterprise customers adopt Imperva solutions and achieve their desired outcomes. From the outset, the role will focus on our market-leading Data Security portfolio, which is a key part of our Japan growth strategy.
The successful candidate will therefore have a strong technical background, ideally in the data security domain, with aspirations to grow into leadership and management of a delivery organization. Ideally, the candidate will have several years’ experience in a technical project-based or operations-centric role, where they performed implementations and helped to troubleshoot, maintain and optimize the solution over its lifetime. The ideal candidate will also be able to show a proven ability to forge strong and credible relationships with their stakeholders over a long-term period.
- Designing and implementing Imperva’s data security and application security solutions for customers based on their requirements and expectations.
- Scoping and documenting implementation requirements.
- Support troubleshooting and operational health efforts by analysing customer data (e.g. trends, traffics, alerts)
- Project manage customer activities and orchestrate relevant stakeholders to drive direction and outcomes for your project (including Support, Professional Services, Product Development and Product Management)
- Driving adoption, retention and thought-leadership in Imperva’s cybersecurity solution set.
- Develop joint success plans and perform regular engagements with customers to ensure project and relationship success (e.g. Steering Committee, Business Reviews etc)
- Drive net retention and the expansion of Imperva’s products and services for the assigned accounts by removing obstacles, showing value, and ensuring customers business objectives are achieved through Imperva solutions.
- Represent the customer (“voice of the customer”) in terms of feedback about product, pain points, service experience etc.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on Imperva solutions and market trends.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience working with internet security, cloud, network technologies and/or relational databases.
- 4+ years’ experience in a Technical Support role (tier 2-3) or project-centric delivery role.
- Proven ability to manage implementation projects, consulting assignments and technical escalations related to infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate business needs, network infrastructure, web application architecture, security requirements, and DNS configurations of clients to deliver appropriate integration solutions
- Prior experience with Linux and other UNIX operating systems
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python, Shell
- Awareness and understanding of local data and application protection regulations would be an advantage.
- Strong ownership of projects and activities while also being a self-starter.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with Development, Quality Assurance, Security, and Sr. Management teams to resolve technical issues
- Create and maintain long-term relationships with strategic customers
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in Japanese
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed within region
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.