Tier 1 Support Engineer
IT Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty. Now is the time to be part of an organization that is changing the game. We are the ONLY company in the Leader’s Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls. And for 3 straight years! We’re also a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Services Providers with the highest score in the “current offering” category.
Thousands of the world’s leading businesses, government organizations, and service providers rely on Imperva solutions to discover assets and risks, protect information wherever it lives – in the cloud and on-premises – and comply with regulations.
As a Tier 1 Support Engineer for our End User Customers, you will play an integral part of building our Imperva Global Support Team, working alongside our exceptional team of professionals in Product Support, Engineering, QA ,and Sales Security Engineering (SE). The successful applicant will gain a deep understanding of the Imperva product line technology, while diagnosing and solving complex technical issues, and creating a viable and timely solution to customers.
- Become a focal point for Tier 1 technical issues for our clients and make sound decisions quickly.
- Have a strong customer focus a must, paired with demonstrable Troubleshooting and Networking competency
- Understanding and documenting the customer's requirements, managing expectations, and providing excellent customer service.
- Analyzing customer feature requests and forwarding them for higher level escalations.
- 1-3 years of experience in Technical Support OR Networking OR QA of Network/Security products
- Prior experience with web servers (Nginx, IIS and more)
- B.S. in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience in a technical field an advantage
- Knowledge of Networking Protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSL)
- Prior experience with Linux and other Unix operating systems
- Skills with routing protocols (BGP, OSPF) an advantage
- Proven problem solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Prior scripting experience (Python, Perl, Shell) an advantage
Imperva® is a leading provider of cyber security solutions that protect business-critical data and applications. The company’s SecureSphere™, Incapsula™ and Skyfence™ product lines enable organizations to discover assets and vulnerabilities, protect information wherever it lives – on-premises and in the cloud – and comply with regulations. The Imperva Application Defense Center, a research team comprised of some of the world’s leading experts in data and application security, continually enhance Imperva products with up-to-the minute threat intelligence, and publish reports that provide insight and guidance on the latest threats and how to mitigate them.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.