Security Incident Response Analyst
Sr. IT Security Analyst
Imperva is a leading cybersecurity provider delivering best-in-class solutions to protect data and applications – wherever they reside – on-premises, in the cloud, and across hybrid environments.
Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, SMBs, and service providers who rely on Imperva to securely deliver their websites and applications at lightning speed.
We are seeking a passionate Sr. IT Security Analyst to join our global IT InfoSec team. You will be on the front lines of monitoring and responding to threats and attacks against our corporate and cloud environments. Working on a team of seasoned InfoSec professionals, you will be expected to contribute to various security domains and initiatives with our team leads, such as Security Operations, Incident Response, Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance. This position is based in our Redwood City, CA office and reports to the Sr Dir, Information Security.
- Monitor, analyze, and triage security events to ensure we maintain a strong security posture
- Provide Incident Response support when actionable security incidents are identified
- Evaluate and leverage security-focused products (such as application security scanners, endpoint security, vulnerability management, data loss prevention, etc.)
- Perform 3rd party security assessments for new and renewing vendors
- Work with the business on customer security assessments and questionnaires
- Conduct security architecture reviews to assess technical and business risk; recommend ways to improve and update the security posture
- Work closely with the IT teams to review configurations, hardening, and controls in diverse environments
- Maintain strong knowledge of recent security vulnerabilities, attack vectors, attack methods, and remediation techniques
- Develop security standards and best practices for the whole organization
- 7+ years of experience in InfoSec field OR 10+ years of experience in an IT Operations role with InfoSec exposure
- Ability to interpret alert logs and network traffic to identify an attack pattern and recognize typical attack scenarios
- Strong contributor with prior global team experience
- Previous experience administering security infrastructure is a major plus
- Knowledge of data security architecture, data classification, and writing policies
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Solid verbal, written and interpersonal skills to enable effective cross-department communications
- Knowledge of cloud security architectures, strategies, and standards is a plus
To Apply: Visit our Careers page
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.