Sales Executive – Commercial Sales Team - Japanese speaker
Sales Executive - Tokyo, Japan
Native Japanese Language Speaker
Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty.
Imperva is a leading provider of data and application security solutions that protect business-critical information in the cloud and on-premise. Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, SMBs and service providers who rely on Imperva Incapsula to securely deliver their websites and applications at lightning speed.
Why Imperva? We have experienced the following growth and achievements
- Generating $321 million in 2017
- We have over 5,900 customers
- 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
- Imperva has been in the Leader’s Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for 4 straight years
- Imperva is also a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Services with the highest score in the “current offering” category
The role: Sales Executive
Reporting into the Area VP Sales, The Sales Executive is directly responsible for Imperva’s Net New Logo Sales in a designated territory, utilizing advanced marketing automation tools.
You should be experienced in methodically screening the market for new sales opportunities, have a deep understanding of emerging industry trends and leverage your expertise to broaden your network of industry contacts through customer referrals, use of social media, appearances at conferences, etc.
You will have a broad group of internal & external business relationships that has been built over time and be recognized as a thought-leader in your field by adding value to your customers.
This is a classic “hunter” role and we are looking for someone who is resilient, self-driven and who enjoys and prefers a high risk, high reward comp model.
- Target Account planning
- Develop account-specific value proposition
- Demonstrated success navigating complex sales cycle
- Knowledge of navigating business organization structures, buying influences and purchasing processes
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, yearly revenue goals and defined objectives. Provides weekly forecast metrics and updates to direct manager
- Contact customer on an ongoing basis – proactively check-in 4 times per 1st year
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, e.g Technical Services, Customer Success, Senior Management, when appropriate
- Make expansion/cross-sell proposal based on account plan – in collaboration with outbound SDRs in the 1st year of service
- Collect and capture customer and competitive insights during negotiation
- Negotiate and close the deal/ensure renewal
- Work closely with the Regional Teams to plan and execute high impact demand generation activities such but not limited to email campaigns, PPC, targeted banners, 1st response notifications etc
- Serve as the 1st point of contact to inbound enquiries
- Maintain accurate customer relationship and knowledge base in management systems
- Ability to create, forecast and close deals - proficient in tracking / forecasting deals in SFDC
- Provide product demos remotely
- Develop & build pipeline via Up / X-sell activities within installed accounts
- Experience selling enterprise software licenses / SaaS / On-premise & virtual products
- Experience in a selling methodology e.g (Challenger, SPIN, Solution Selling, etc.)
- Experience participating in customer discovery/technical calls that expedites the sales cycle
- Cross-functional collaboration & experience with Channels/VARs, Marketing, Order Entry, ProServ, Legal, etc.
- Effectively understand & successful usage of a sales quote tool (Apptus, etc.)
- Might request occasional travelling and out-of-hours activities
- Minimum 4-5 years sales experience
- Must speak Japanese and English (Korean is an advantage)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have excellent written communication skills
- Must have excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills and present a professional image in person and over the phone
- Must maintain a positive attitude, be a self-starter, dependable and take pride in work product
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to get things done and work collaboratively with others; strong team player
- Efficient, organized, and have the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines; able to work independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work with a high sense of urgency within established time lines, exercising consistent follow-through/follow-up when necessary
- Trusted to handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature and use excellent judgment at all times.
- Meticulous eye for detail, accuracy, high standards of presentation and the ability to anticipate, react and thrive in an ambiguous environment
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business.Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.