What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $109 billion in assets under management (as of 9/30/21). Dedicated to providing prudent stewardship of client assets, the firm focuses on active, fundamental, benchmark-agnostic investing, with a strong emphasis on downside protection. Over a long history dating back to 1864, First Eagle has helped its clients avoid the permanent impairment of capital and earn attractive returns through widely varied economic cycles—a tradition that is central to its mission today. The firm’s investment capabilities include equity, fixed income, private credit and multi-asset strategies.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, it is incumbent upon us to nurture an environment that both attracts, develops and retains a talented, inclusive workforce, and inspires each of our employees to do their life’s best work on behalf of our clients. Inherent in this dynamic is a culture that promotes equality, diversity and respect and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is looking for an Alternative Credit Specialist to support the Alternative Sales strategy and to provide a wide range of alternative sales support services to National Sales Managers, Senior Sales Directors, Internal Wholesalers, Business Development Consultants and National Accounts Relationship Managers.
What you will do:
- Assist in the coordination of sales efforts for First Eagle’s Alternative Sales platform including interval funds, closed-end funds, BDCs, and other alternative investment strategies across channel (Wires, Independent and RIAs)
- Act as an alternative specialist resource for First Eagle Retail sales professionals on client calls and meetings with Financial Advisors
- Build new and maintain existing relationships with clients interested in alternative strategies in various territories across channel
- Support the External Sales Director and their internal partner covering their territory to identify alternative sales opportunities
- Act as an alternative credit resource/expert on the internal sales desk with respect to alternative products on the platform
- Work with Marketing and Product to help educate First Eagle sales professionals on alternative investment strategies and products
- Work across the firm with the product, marketing, operations and compliance teams on sales content, marketing materials, etc.
The qualities you should have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience preferably at a Private Equity, Direct Lending, Credit Asset Manager firm
- Ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Ability to make presentations effectively
- The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and organized
- Knowledge of alternative credit investments
- Must be a team player with the ability to work effectively in a team or independently
- Ability to represent the firm professionally with internal and external contacts
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint programs is a plus
- Bachelor's degree required
- Series 7 and 66 licenses required
- Salesforce (or alternative CRM) experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.