*This is an unpaid Internship*
Equitas Health provides a 2 year placement for Graduate Students studying Social Work or Counseling who are interested in LGBTQ+ mental health and recovery. The 2 year placement combines the foundational and the clinical internship in order to prepare our students most effectively to treat adults with mental health and substance issues using individual and group counseling techniques. Under the supervision of a team of independently licensed Social Workers and Counselors, students are able to learn and complete diagnostic assessments, treatment planning, crisis intervention, case consultation, and documentation while providing competent care to the LGBTQ+ community and those seeking an affirming health care home. We have in person and telehealth options and are able to accommodate distance learning for those living in the State of Ohio.
We offer a wide variety of treatment approaches including, Cognitive Behavioral Treatment, Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Internal Family Systems and Harm Reduction. Our students interface with a team of 35 Mental Health Providers and also work side by side with Physicians, Dentists, Pharmacist, Nurse Practitioners, and Case Managers in our Health Centers located around the State of Ohio.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to diagnosis and treatment of patients with mental health and substance related concerns; traveling; driving; utilizing a computer for typing, telehealth and conducting research; attending meetings; and producing clear, understandable, and timely notes and documentation.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in weekly individual supervision
- Participate in weekly Cohort training
- Completed learning agreement and documentation according to the Graduate program expectations
- Provide high quality outpatient mental health and/or substance treatment
- Competency and or emerging competency in treating patients who are in the LGBTQ community; Persons of Color; those who have been diagnosed HIV/AIDS.
- Under supervision, diagnose and determine appropriate levels of care and treatment needs, making referrals when clinically indicated.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals involved in caring for shared clients via Epic, email, phone, or face to face interactions.
- Complete comprehensive, client focused assessments, treatment plans and treatment evaluations.
- Provide crisis intervention and integrated care
- Assist in development and facilitation of support groups and therapy groups
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service
- Participate in peer review
- Complete identified training to keep informed about current research and psychotherapy interventions.
- Other duties as assigned by the field supervisor
- Actively Enrolled in a Graduate Training Program for Social Work or Counseling
- Minimum of an SWT or PCT, required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have knowledge of, sensitivity to, interest in, and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices; a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community, and poverty.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
- Knowledge and adherence to professional standards and ethics.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. EOE/AA