We are looking for a GIS Specialist who will work closely within functional teams to deliver GIS data and GIS services to our clients, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, customer commitment, sense of urgency, and continuous improvement. He/she should display strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and written/oral communication skills. He/she should be a detail-oriented team member who can consistently meet deadlines and possess the ability to work independently as needed.
Location: Kansas City, MO
Duration: 6 Months Contract
- Assist in the scheduling of GIS mapping efforts for Right of Way activities on several concurrent electrical infrastructure projects.
- Perform data mining on parcel information within the Right of Way for electrical transmission corridors, related to easements, rights and restrictions, title, environmental and engineering information.
- Interpreting historical documents related to parcel information of properties along electrical transmission and telecommunication corridors.
- Digitizing and data merging detailed information specific to parcels along electrical transmission corridors.
- Provide quality assurance support for ESRI based GIS mapping services in support of major electrical infrastructure projects.
- Interact with various Program team members including Project Managers, engineers, scientist, real estate specialists, vegetation management specialists, public involvement specialist and construction site coordinators.
- Managing GIS mapping commitments to the Program team.
- Interact with contractors performing construction work.
- Attending and participating in construction meetings/calls, and data management
- Assist in organizing and managing project information files and coordinating the interchange of historical documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel 5% of the time within our Corporate footprint.
- Two year or Bachelor's degree in GIS mapping or a related field.
- 1 to 3 years professional experience.
- Prior internship or related experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand technical information and communicate that within a disparate Program team.
- Ability to manage priorities and schedules.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
HOW YOU'LL GROW AT EPMA
We believe in the investment of our people. Strong client results and company growth is a direct result of our focus on personal growth for every single employee. With regular reviews and measurable development plans, we help you focus on the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. From on-the-job learning to professional development programs, we help you to grow throughout your career and ready you for the opportunities that lie ahead.
BE INSPIRED our 10 core values are at the forefront of everything we do. We take pride in investing in the development of our people, because they are part of the EPMA family and DNA. Call us old fashioned, but we believe in building talent, and we take pride in preparing our future leaders and innovators. You will find a fun, exciting and rewarding career at EPMA.
Since 2010, EPMA has quickly earned credibility as a trusted leader in Project and Portfolio Management Services helping local businesses to Global 50 companies deliver projects with greater efficiency and success. Our ability to attract the most talented people and empower them to make a difference for our clients is part of what makes EPMA one of the Top Companies to work for in Texas, and one of the Best and Brightest companies to work for in the nation. We are also on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in America today.
EPMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassments of Any Kind: EPMA is made up of a very diverse group of individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At EPMA, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. EPMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
***** EMPLOYMENT RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT *****
EPMA is aware of several instances of employment recruiting fraud, and we have reached out to the proper authorities to try to put a stop to these scams.
Please know that any correspondence from EPMA will come ONLY from an @epmainc.com or @jobvite.com email addresses, we do not conduct interviews in chat rooms, we do not use personal, gmail, Hotmail or such email addresses, text messages, we would never solicit money from a potential candidate, and we would not request sensitive personal information like bank account and social security numbers via email or during an interview.
If you feel you’ve been a victim of employment recruiting fraud and are at risk of identity theft, click here for additional steps to report the issue and/ or protect yourself. You can also file a complain with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Please read a press release on Job applicant PII fraud from the FBI.