Senior Project Management Consultant
As the leading Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management Gold Partner in the world and premier Project Portfolio Management (PPM) consulting company, we are seeking talented professionals to foster the company’s continued dynamic growth.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, such as Engineering, Information Systems, or Business Administration
- 10 years+ experience in Project and Portfolio Management, specifically in Scheduling and Resource Management; This includes establishing project plans and charters, regularly monitoring and tracking project progress, and providing comprehensive project progress reporting to project stakeholders
- Extensive experience of developing resource-loaded schedules with fully developed inter-dependency logic and critical path analysis; A minimum of five (5) years of MS Project experience or Primavera to an advanced level
- Understanding and application of cost management and estimating techniques, with exposure to risk management and change management activities in a structured project environment
- Demonstrated success in combining the above skills and industry best practices to complete complex projects on-time and on-budget, and in effectively dealing with classic project management challenges
- Career to have included either internal consulting roles in a major corporation, or external consulting role(s) within an established management consultancy; Focused experience in classic consulting frameworks in business process re-engineering, problem identification and solution development, and in training /mentoring / coaching / up-skilling project teams
- Proven analytical problem solver, with the ability to streamline processes and integrate / analyze data from various sources, using business frameworks and technical skills to develop practical project management solutions for Clients
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to deliver challenging project management assignments with cross functional teams; Able to proactively identify and solve issues which may negatively impact a project or project deliverables
- Ability to maintain composure and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities
- Ability to effectively manage and execute multiple tasks and projects
- Effective in influencing and leading in Client engagements and matrix environments, with strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent client/customer interaction and communication skills
- MBA or Master’s in Finance
- PMP Certification
- Organizational Change Management capabilities
- Experience in MS Project Server or other PPM tools (such as Clarity, Planview or Daptiv)
- Use of a variety of project management methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Project management experience to have covered multiple industries; IT, engineering, and/or manufacturing industry experience is preferred
HOW YOU'LL GROW AT EPMA
We believe in the investment of our people. Strong client results and company growth is a direct result of our focus on personal growth for every single employee. With regular reviews and measurable development plans, we help you focus on the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. From on-the-job learning to professional development programs, we help you to grow throughout your career and ready you for the opportunities that lie ahead.
BE INSPIRED our 10 core values are at the forefront of everything we do. We take pride in investing in the development of our people, because they are part of the EPMA family and DNA. Call us old fashioned, but we believe in building talent, and we take pride in preparing our future leaders and innovators. You will find a fun, exciting and rewarding career at EPMA.
Since 2010, EPMA has quickly earned credibility as a trusted leader in Project and Portfolio Management Services helping local businesses to Global 50 companies deliver projects with greater efficiency and success. Our ability to attract the most talented people and empower them to make a difference for our clients is part of what makes EPMA one of the Top Companies to work for in Texas, and one of the Best and Brightest companies to work for in the nation. We are also on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in America today.
EPMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassments of Any Kind: EPMA is made up of a very diverse group of individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At EPMA, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. EPMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
***** EMPLOYMENT RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT *****
EPMA is aware of several instances of employment recruiting fraud, and we have reached out to the proper authorities to try to put a stop to these scams.
Please know that any correspondence from EPMA will come ONLY from an @epmainc.com or @jobvite.com email addresses, we do not conduct interviews in chat rooms, we do not use personal, gmail, Hotmail or such email addresses, text messages, we would never solicit money from a potential candidate, and we would not request sensitive personal information like bank account and social security numbers via email or during an interview.
If you feel you’ve been a victim of employment recruiting fraud and are at risk of identity theft, click here for additional steps to report the issue and/ or protect yourself. You can also file a complain with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Please read a press release on Job applicant PII fraud from the FBI.