Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Technology Consultant
As a Microsoft Gold PPM Partner, EPMA needs thought leaders to help pave the way for our clients and our PPM service line development. As a Senior PPM Consultant, you are responsible for client satisfaction, process design, system development and configuration, providing solid recommendations. You will lead projects, interact with C-Level management, and assist clients with identification and synthesis of solutions, while implementing the technical components of those solutions. In addition to your PPM Specialist role, you will assist in customer awareness, team sales, recruiting, promotion, support and development of the practice.
- Manage business requirements and lead the functional design prototyping and process design stages of our Microsoft PPM implementations
- Lead day to day interactions with key client stakeholders, executive clients, and sponsors
- Lead, manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions
- Lead and manage teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, system configuration design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), conversion and integration efforts, prototyping, testing, training, and defining support procedures
- Understand of cost management and estimating techniques, with exposure to risk management and change management activities in a structured project environment.
- Combine a range of skills and industry best practices to complete projects on-time and on-budget and effectively solve classic project management challenges.
- Bachelors degree or higher
- 4+ years of consulting and/or industry experience
- At least 4 years of experience implementing a PPM tool (Project Server/Online, Clarity, Planview, Deltek, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience conducting requirements gathering session with senior management and crafting solutions based on these requirements.
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Specific technical experience should include: Planning, Scheduling, and Resource Management; This includes establishing project plans and charters, developing resource-loaded schedules with fully developed inter-dependency logic and critical path analysis, regularly monitoring and tracking project progress, and providing comprehensive project progress reporting to project stakeholders.
- Excellent client/customer interaction and communication skills
- Experience working with a variety of project management methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Travel up to 50% annually (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
HOW YOU'LL GROW AT EPMA
We believe in the investment of our people. Strong client results and company growth is a direct result of our focus on personal growth for every single employee. With regular reviews and measurable development plans, we help you focus on the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. From on-the-job learning to professional development programs, we help you to grow throughout your career and ready you for the opportunities that lie ahead.
BE INSPIRED our 10 core values are at the forefront of everything we do. We take pride in investing in the development of our people, because they are part of the EPMA family and DNA. Call us old fashioned, but we believe in building talent, and we take pride in preparing our future leaders and innovators. You will find a fun, exciting and rewarding career at EPMA.
Since 2010, EPMA has quickly earned credibility as a trusted leader in Project and Portfolio Management Services helping local businesses to Global 50 companies deliver projects with greater efficiency and success. Our ability to attract the most talented people and empower them to make a difference for our clients is part of what makes EPMA one of the Top Companies to work for in Texas, and one of the Best and Brightest companies to work for in the nation. We are also on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in America today.
EPMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassments of Any Kind: EPMA is made up of a very diverse group of individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At EPMA, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. EPMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
***** EMPLOYMENT RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT *****
EPMA is aware of several instances of employment recruiting fraud, and we have reached out to the proper authorities to try to put a stop to these scams.
Please know that any correspondence from EPMA will come ONLY from an @epmainc.com or @jobvite.com email addresses, we do not conduct interviews in chat rooms, we do not use personal, gmail, Hotmail or such email addresses, text messages, we would never solicit money from a potential candidate, and we would not request sensitive personal information like bank account and social security numbers via email or during an interview.
If you feel you’ve been a victim of employment recruiting fraud and are at risk of identity theft, click here for additional steps to report the issue and/ or protect yourself. You can also file a complain with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Please read a press release on Job applicant PII fraud from the FBI.