Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Dynacare is looking for a highly motivated Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join our team in Brampton, Ontario. This is a permanent fulltime position working Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. The position allows for flexible work from home arrangements to provide balance to employees as needed.
Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Sourcing, the Strategic Sourcing Specialist will work closely with the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement teams to execute strategic sourcing activities and bring best value for money to the organization. The candidate will be responsible for managing the end-to-end sourcing life cycle for material and services to augment the overall supply chain operations of the organization. The candidate will work closely with relevant departments and suppliers in a professional manner through strategic sourcing process while maintaining superior customer services.
- Understand the business requirements by coordinating with internal departments and lead complex sourcing projects at the regional and national levels.
- Conducting a detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis of various material and service categories to lay out the strategic direction for sourcing activities.
- Conduct research to bring up-to-date market knowledge, industry trends, and innovation to identify the new vendors and build relationships with them.
- Partner and influence key business partners to align on the development and execution of the strategic sourcing strategy and contracting processes for direct and indirect spending.
- Development of RFx and other solicitation documents based on sourcing strategy, evaluate proposal along with other stakeholders, conduct negotiations and award contracts, all in accordance with procurement policies and standards and ensuring an open, fair, and transparent process is adhered to throughout.
- Drive best total value by working with internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure synergy with business needs, favorable terms and conditions, risk mitigation and required service level agreements that drive continuous improvement and cost management
- Manage contract compliance while identifying opportunities for improvement
- Represent strategic sourcing as a subject matter expert on key categories for material and services.
- Implement sourcing and supplier relationship management best practices.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- University Degree in Engineering, Science or Business is preferred
- Nationally recognized professional Supply Chain Management Certifications such as CSCMP, CPSM will be preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of enterprise-level experience in Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, and/or Procurement.
- Lean Six Sigma certification is an asset.
- MBA or equivalent experience will be an asset.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems is desired.
- Health care or life science-related experience is an asset.
- French Language proficiency will be an asset.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office.
- Solid understanding of project management principles, techniques, and tools developed through extensive project management experience.
- Proven track record of successful execution of the RFx process from inception to completion with quantifiable achievements and collaboration with cross-functional teams
Social Process Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong decision making, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Ability to perform under pressure, manage multiple projects, respond to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively manage constraints and competing priorities
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Demonstrated success at building strong relationships and collaborating with a network of internal and external Business Partners and subject matter experts
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients, and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable, and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions, leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement, and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.