Dynacare is currently looking to hire a Dispatcher (Float) to join our Transportation team in Brampton, Ontario. This is a Permanent Full-Time (benefit eligible) opportunity working 37.5 hours a week.
This role is responsible for covering all shifts in dispatch when team members are off. When not covering, will work Monday to Friday 12:00 - 20:00.
Internal posting expires on January 17, 2023.
The Dispatcher will be directly responsible for dispatching all drivers and assigning all route related equipment and supplies. Will be accountable for taking all customer pickup request calls and accordingly dispatch all stat and non-stat calls in the most cost-effective manner possible ensuring applicable collection times are met or exceeded. Will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Act and ensuring all protocols and processes are followed by all drivers. Will complete all assigned administrative duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and act as a back-up route representative as required.
- Assign all vehicles and route equipment to all drivers on a daily basis.
- Ensure all client reports and supplies are dispatched to all drivers.
- Ensure route schedules and route manifests are up to date and accurate.
- Ensure driver compliance with the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of driver communication equipment.
- Ensure that all drivers maintain daily schedules and take immediate remedial action to reduce and/or eliminate any delays.
- Act as a back-up Route Representative as required, perform all assigned duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Assist with the inspection of vehicles for specimens and ensure that no specimens, reports and supplies are left in the vehicles.
- Verify the general cleanness of the vehicles.
- Control access to building at rear entrance and complete all associated documentation.
- Responsible for collecting and depositing cash collection bags from drivers and completing turn in logs.
- Responsible for shipping all internal and external company documents to corporate offices, vendors and clients.
- Complete inbound call tracking logs inclusive of full stat tracking process.
- Collect all driver paperwork and submit to supervisors for review and approvals.
- Responsible for reporting any health and safety hazards and work in compliance with established safe working practices.
- Report any defects in equipment of work area to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Liaise with couriers and ops managers regarding updated schedules/pickup requirements.
- Perform delivery investigations as required.
- Manage and track stat schedules and route orders.
- Work with senior logistics coordinators to ensure accuracy of routes, and service levels are met.
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Bilingual - English and French (preferred)
- Secondary school or equivalent education required
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract with a clear understanding of routes and geography
- 3-5 years related experience
- Proficient with excel and answering emails
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high paced environment with little or no supervision
- Good telephone manner and ability to diffuse difficult situations with clients and drivers
- Ability to make difficult decisions with little or no forewarning without immediate availability to supervisors
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Effective, clear and concise communicator who follows up on issued instructions
- Ability to work with internal departments and pressures to deliver superior service levels
- No discipline communication on file
- Previous dispatching experience an asset
*Please note that a Criminal background verification must be met as a condition of employment*
Dynacare is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities against the spread of COVID-19. Please note that it is a requirement for this role that the individual be fully vaccinated*, unless an exemption under the applicable provincial human rights legislation applies. Proof of full vaccination will be required to be submitted to our third-party services provider for verification purposes.
*“Fully vaccinated” is defined as two doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine, plus 14 days after the second dose
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.