Manager, Anatomical Pathology
Dynacare is looking for a Manager, Anatomical Pathology to join our team in Ottawa, Ontario. This role reports to Director, Laboratory Operations
Internal posting end date: July 21-2022
The Manager, Anatomical Pathology is accountable for the operation of the Anatomical pathology (Histology and cytology)Department in accordance with Dynacare’s Strategic and Operating Plans. This includes operational management at the employee, administrative and technical levels. Primary functions include ensuring strong, positive employee relations, excellence and quality, efficient utilization of resources and budget implementation. Responsible for fostering a culture of quality and internal and external customer service by developing and initiating programs and policies that consistently promote service, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Develop, maintain, and foster an environment of positive employee relations and strong teamwork while working in compliance with established human resources policies and practices
- Manage department requirements; this includes staffing, training, performance evaluation, coaching and recognition
- Encourage trust and open communication by addressing staff concerns and inquiries by investigating and addressing employee issues and concerns in a timely manner
- Assist with the communication of information in a concise and timely manner to all staff regarding policy changes and other pertinent issues
- Recommend, implement and monitor departmental procedures, policies and standards
- Effective management of Health and Safety programs to ensure compliance and legislative requirements
- Manage the departmental business planning and goal development process, including developing and executing a one-year business plan
- Develop, recommend and implement strategies, plans and continuous improvement programs that align with the business goals and support the function, department and company objectives
- Manage compliance, collection, preparation, and analysis of departmental reports and statistics
- Responsible for the scientific and technical functioning of the department
- Ensure appropriate methodology and equipment is in place and assists in developing new method or changes in existing methods
- Accountable for monitoring a quality control program as per established guidelines
- Co-ordinate and lead containment and corrective actions pertaining to Quality deficiencies
- Review scientific issues and challenges with Director, Operations
- Clinical Laboratory Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Senior Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Senior Cytotechnologist
- Pathology Assistant
- Provide managerial leadership to direct reports
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and processes for providing customer satisfaction. This includes meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of processes
- 5 to 7 years of previous managerial experience or demonstrated increased responsibility in a clinical environment demonstrating readiness for a management role
- Undergraduate degree or specialization in a health care field or equivalent experience related to the position
- In-depth knowledge of statistics and management reports an asset
- CMLTO registered Medical Laboratory Technologist or Cytotechnologist
- Extensive clinical technical experience, knowledge in Histology and Cytology an asset
- Lean Six Sigma certification an asset
- Experience in planning, preparing, and devising work schedules
- Experience in applying project management principles and techniques an asset
- Full proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated success effectively managing constraints and competing priorities
- Demonstrated success at building relationships and collaborating with a network of colleagues, subject matter experts, direct reports and others
- Strong change management skills and experience in motivating, developing and managing people
- Superior oral and written communication skills, strong decision-making skills with a keen attention to detail
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.