Laboratory Assistant (French Bilingual)
Where YOU work, makes a difference.
Life is precious and every moment matters. Dynacare is helping Canadians achieve a healthy future with care and wellness solutions that are convenient, understandable, and accessible. When you join our team, every day is an opportunity to get better and be inspired. It’s an environment where you can grow your career in any direction you choose. We’re evolving our technology and optimizing our processes, so you can do your best work, make a meaningful impact, and thrive.
Are YOU our next Laboratory Assistant?
As a Laboratory Assistant, you are responsible for processing blood samples and other laboratory specimens, entering requisitions and results accurately – all in a timely manner. You also play an important role in providing customer service to create the best possible patient experience. These can be stressful situations for patients, and you need to display empathy, care, and kindness. Testing results are often critical for patients, and you are there to help and make an impact on their lives. These is a contract position working, Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:15 am – 3:15 pm.
Must be French bilingual.
Why Dynacare is an amazing place for YOU:
Join an award-winning "Top Employer" with meaningful and impactful career opportunities
· Access a health and wellness benefits program that supports you and your loved ones
· Grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company through internal mobility opportunities
· Invest in your future through RRSP match benefits and an employee stock purchase program
· Experience a collaborative, diverse workforce that prioritizes dignity and respect for all
How YOU will make a difference:
- Create an ideal customer experience that is best in class and engages with individuals around our products and services
- Accurately enter data, patient, and test information for Ministry of Health requisitions
- Obtain quality blood samples and other specimens from patients, using skillful venipuncture techniques, performed in keeping with Dynacare’s mission and values
- Sort and steer specimens, perform ECG’s, Holter Hookups, paternity, urine, drug and breath alcohol collections
- Ensure specimens and supporting documentation are completed as required in SOPs and ready for data entry and transportation to the laboratory, following established protocols for the handling of suitable and unsuitable samples
- Ensure all confidential information is maintained in a secure fashion. Contribute to meeting the departmental/corporate quality metrics, regulatory compliance and quality indicators
What YOU bring to the role:
- You have completed Secondary School and a Laboratory Assistant training program or a Medical Lab Assistance course with specialized training in phlebotomy
- You are customer-focused with a genuine care for patient’s health
- Demonstrate skill in phlebotomy, with the ability to manage anxious patients through the sample obtaining process in a pleasant, calming and reassuring manner
- Prioritize and self-manage within a deadline-oriented environment
· Be extremely detail oriented
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, at a level that enables you to communicate instructions, clearly and understandably, to patients
Passionate about supporting healthy lives with commitment and care? Please apply today and let us open the door to your extended career journey.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work. At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement, and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.