We are currently looking to hire a Laboratory Assistant to work in our Laboratory and Health Services Centre (LHSC) in London and Strathroy, Ontario. This is a permanent, full time float position.
As a Laboratory Assistant, you will be responsible for obtaining quality blood samples and other specimens from patients, as well as conducting other patient tests, all in keeping with Dynacare’s mission and values. Working as part of a team, you will assist in building a positive team environment, maintaining quality metrics and creating the ideal customer experience.
• Completion of Secondary School and a Laboratory Assistant training program, with specialized training in phlebotomy
• Customer focused with a genuine care for patient’s health
• Demonstrated skill in phlebotomy, with the ability to manage anxious patients through the sample obtaining process in a pleasant, calming and reassuring manner
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and self-manage and work in a deadline oriented environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, at a level that enables you to communicate instructions, clearly and understandably, to patients
• Create an ideal customer experience that is best in class and engages with individuals around our products and services
• Accurately data enter patient and test information for Ministry of Health requisitions
• Obtain quality blood samples and other specimens from patients, using skillful venipuncture techniques, performed in keeping with Dynacare’s mission and values
• Sort and steer specimens, perform ECG’s, Holter Hookups, paternity, urine, drug and breath alcohol collections
• Ensure specimens and supporting documentation are completed as required in SOPs and ready for data entry and transportation to the laboratory, following established protocols for the handling of suitable and unsuitable samples
• Ensure all confidential information is maintained in a secure fashion
• Contribute to meeting the departmental/corporate quality metrics, regulatory compliance and quality indicator
What We Offer
• Employee Assistance program
• Learning & Development: Active career pathing, tuition reimbursement, professional dues reimbursement, in-house training, paid on-boarding and training
• Attractive premiums for some roles and shifts
• Other perks: Corporate discount program, uniform allowance
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
• Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
• Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
• Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
In addition, I exhibit the following behaviours everyday: Respects and values others, focuses on customers and builds positive working relations.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.