Clinical Laboratory Assistant
Dynacare is looking for Clinical Laboratory Assistant to join our Toxicology team in London, Ontario. This is a 1-year full time contract position, working Monday - Saturday between the hours of 6:00 am - 11:00 pm.
Internal application must be received no later than February 12, 2023
- Ensure that all samples are properly labeled and identified before testing
- Follow established protocol for the handling of unsuitable samples
- Operate complex instruments following department procedures
- Perform simple non-interpretive testing procedures under the supervision of a qualified technologist
- Ensure that all abnormal, critical and STATS are processed as outlined in the department guidelines
- Responsible for the follow-up on missing samples, documentation and results as and when required
- Ensure all inquiries and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner
- Ensure adequate amount of supplies are on hand and that validated reagents and testing kits to be used are in date order
- Data enter the results into the company’s database as required
- Ensure that Quality Control checks are performed as required in documented work procedures and refer results for technologist to review
- Responsible to follow all relevant pre and/or post analytical quality protocols as described in the company QA manual
- Perform routine equipment maintenance following documented procedures
- Document all maintenance performed, including minor troubleshooting following manufacturer’s instructions
- Responsible for disinfecting the work area and equipment on a daily basis
- Store and discard specimens according to appropriate department procedure manuals
- Flexibility required to work various shifts
- Completion of secondary-school level education and a recognized Medical Laboratory Assistant training program
- Excellent data entry skills required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- OSMT certification an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of AS400 Data Entry system/LIS
- Experience providing exceptional, professional customer focused service in a demanding and frequently changing environment
Dynacare is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities against the spread of COVID-19. Please note that it is a requirement for this role that the individual be fully vaccinated*, unless an exemption under the applicable provincial human rights legislation applies. Proof of full vaccination will be required to be submitted to our third-party services provider for verification purposes.
*“Fully vaccinated” is defined as two doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine, plus 14 days after the second dose
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring- I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player- I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement- I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.