Cloud/Infrastructure Specialist - Hybrid role
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our team.
In this role the Cloud/Infrastructure Specialist will develop and implement IT infrastructure & platform strategies for Dynacare. They would be expected to design, build, install/implement, test, maintain, monitor and upgrade infrastructure such as computing platforms, servers and networks as well as supports our day-to-day operations involving Azure, AWS and on-premises IT Infrastructure.
Work with stakeholders and recommend infrastructure solutions based on business requirements. Ensure that systems and infrastructure align with business value and are technically sound and well-integrated. Responds immediately to critical connectivity and access issues by evaluating solutions, coordinating recovery and ensuring resolution.
- Responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of Infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) in the Azure/AWS and on-prem.
- Assist in supporting and implementing security architecture standards including data encryption, application security, key management, identity management, authentication, authorization, infrastructure security.
- Work within a cross-functional teams to specify, design, develop, test, and implement cloud services and solutions.
- Utilize Infrastructure as Code (IaaC) principles, deployment methodologies to provision cloud services using ARM templates, PowerShell, Azure CLI, DSC, Azure DevOps
- Plan, deploy upgrades or modifications to improve performance and availability of SQL Databases
- Responsible for daily monitoring of servers/systems and quickly respond to alerts and incidents.
- Implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions to provide data redundancy, resilience, and data loss prevention
- Optimize services to provide scalable, stable, secure and highly performant systems
- Research and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current technology trends and best practices. Regularly evaluate cloud applications, designs, and best practices.
- Identify repetitive tasks and build tools and/or processes for automation.
- Provide guidance and knowledge to team members, and promote efficiency, productivity, innovations, and knowledge-sharing across team.
- Ensures change control and other processes and procedures are followed, and that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified
- Work closely with internal business partners to gather requirements, design and implement solutions, manage technical operations, and triage and resolve operational issues.
- Manage and coordinate support incidents with external vendors.
- Assist in capacity planning
On-call support as well as onsite support during non-standard business hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 - 8 years of experience in IT Infrastructure Operations with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Azure & AWS.
- Experience administering in an Active Directory, Azure Active Directory and Azure AD connect.
- Experience with admin and support of Office 365 including Exchange/SharePoint Online and Teams.
- Automation experience including Installation, deployment and updates to enterprise systems.
- Scripting and coding skills – PowerShell, Azure CLI, Terraform, Python, Azure DevOps, Git, Azure Automation.
- Hands-on experience with VMs, virtual networking, IP addressing and subnetting, Application Gateways, Load balancers, Storage accounts, NSGs, Route Tables. Experience with Azure ExpressRoute is an asset.
- SQL Server Administration (installation, configuration, maintenance, security) including PaaS & Managed Instances
- Ability to demonstrate solid analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of Agile/Lean principles such as Scrum, Kanban, MVP etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of key technological concepts such as IT architecture, Cloud technologies, applications, network infrastructure, and security is strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience to install, configure, test, and deploy enterprise and multi-cloud network infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience in implementing Information and Cyber Security in network infrastructure.
- Basic experience in network management including supporting and maintaining datacentre equipment such as edge Firewall, Routers, WAN, LAN, VPN, Voice and Wi-Fi, core switches, SAN switches and top-of-rack switches.
- Strong problem-solving skills is required in this role.
- Experience managing vendor-provided services including outsourcing arrangements.
- Experience working within a structured process methodology (i.e. ITIL).
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.