Lab Assistant Specimen Processing
Lab Assistant Job Description
Dynacare is looking for a Specimen Processing Laboratory Assistant to join our Specimen Processing team in Ottawa, Ontario. This is a permanent full-time position, working from Monday to Friday (2 pm -10pm), and occasional Saturday from (1:30pm - 4:30pm).
Internal deadline is January 17, 2023
- Follows established protocol(s) in Specimen Processing
- Ensures that all samples are properly identified, data enter, and labeled
- Follows established protocol(s) for the handling of unsuitable samples
- Ensures all client inquiries and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of secondary-school level education and a recognized Medical Laboratory Assistant training program
- Experience providing exceptional, professional customer focused service in a demanding and frequently changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, prioritize and collaborate in a team-oriented, high volume, time-sensitive environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) at an intermediate level
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures and ability to apply that knowledge in troubleshooting issues and providing recommendations for solutions
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of AS400 Data Entry system/LIS
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring- I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player- I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement- I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.
Dynacare is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities against the spread of COVID-19. Please note that it is a requirement for this role that the individual be fully vaccinated*, unless an exemption under the applicable provincial human rights legislation applies. Proof of full vaccination will be required to be submitted to our third-party services provider for verification purposes.
*“Fully vaccinated” is defined as two doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine, plus 14 days after the second dose.