Assistant Technical Director (ATD)
As an Assistant Technical Director (ATD) you will perform a variety of tasks to assist the Pipeline Technical Directors (Pipeline TDs) to ensure the smooth running of the tools, software and workflows used by VFX and Feature Animation shows. You will be working closely with the Pipeline TDs to provide face-to-face support for artists in our London studio.
Our talented ATDs are highly technical and have an appetite for innovation. You will be required to:
- Provide technical advice and support for artists.
- Monitor render farm, disk usage and file transfers between sites.
- Contribute to testing and feedback for software releases from the R&D team.
- Design and write Python tools and scripts for shows to use.
- Act as a key interface between between our software developers and our artists, adapting your communication style and approach to articulate technical and non-technical information
With a large and experienced team around you to support you in your development, this role has the opportunity to progress through the DNEG Pipeline group, focusing on a dedicated area of specialism as a Pipeline TD and into a leadership role as Pipeline Supervisor, or could be a route into software development in our R&D team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your technical skills in a complex environment and be a part of one of the largest teams in the industry. You will have exposure to every step of our pipeline and will be involved in the production of exceptional VFX and animation work on projects ranging from blockbuster epics to television dramas.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics or related field or previous work experience in visual effects, games or another related industry..
- Experience with Linux.
- Strong Python scripting skills.
- Strong communicator across a variety of stakeholders/colleagues.
- An ability to plan and organise your own workload, and can work effectively in a fast paced production environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience with a variety of DCC packages such as Houdini, Katana, Nuke or Clarisse.
- Knowledge of Maya.
- Experience with source control systems and development tasks as part of a team.
A note on equal opportunities
We would not be able to produce award-winning work without our Production Technology department, which is committed to nurturing a diverse and exciting workplace. Our teams have a variety of backgrounds and originate from a number of different countries, working across the globe at the forefront of technology in the industry.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).