Associate Software Developer (Show Systems)
Core Services is looking for an Associate Software Developer to join its Show Systems domain.
The Core Services group provides foundational technologies to other technology groups within DNEG. We are a team of software developers who architect, build and provide geographically spread, enterprise-level, mission-critical infrastructure. We create services, frameworks, and products that other teams rely upon to build and deliver their technology solutions. We are the core of all things technology at DNEG.
The Show Systems domain @ Core Services provides full-stack products that are custom built to DNEG’s requirements. Our products are used across the company for data migration, data archival, and disk space management. They are critical to the operations of the company and include web apps, traditional desktop applications, and command-line tools.
As an Associate Software Developer in the Show Systems domain, you will assist our senior developers in developing new features and troubleshooting issues raised by other technology teams.
- Troubleshoot tickets related to libraries and frameworks owned by Show Systems.
- Provide timely updates on tickets.
- Identify opportunities to automate repetitive manual tasks.
- Develop automation software to replace manual tasks.
- Write documentation for developed software, create / update troubleshooting playbooks.
- Coordinate and work with teams in remote sites in different time zones.
This is an entry-level job with a ton of potential to learn from the best, discover technologies that you find exciting, and grow your career along your chosen path.
- Programming experience in Python.
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 1+ years of equivalent experience in software development.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Python 3.
- Previous experience working in a VFX environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Eagerness to tackle problems head-on.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).