Commerce Writer, Partnerships
Dotdash Meredith is looking for a writer to join the News & Deals team and cover timely home, beauty, fashion, and lifestyle-related shopping content on celebrities, trends, reviews, and more. We’re looking for someone who can cover everything from single-product features to sale roundups and spot customer-loved pieces, seasonal and trending items, and more for brands like People, InStyle, Real Simple, Travel & Leisure, Food and Wine, and more. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about commerce-focused stories, can create quality content, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
This is a 40-hour/week contract position with competitive hourly rates commensurate with experience. The pay range for this role is $25 - $35 per hour. The right candidate will have the option to extend their contract continually and may have the opportunity to join the team full-time. Writers must be based in the U.S. and be comfortable working remotely or near a Dotdash Meredith office (NYC, Des Moines, LA, Chicago).
- Pitch and write at least two shopping articles per day
- Identify and carry out commerce content opportunities within various lifestyle categories including home, kitchen, fashion, and beauty
- Work across various edit programs with different KPIs and content strategies
- Use data and analytics to brainstorm and guide content decisions
- Collaborate closely with numerous writers and editors both on and outside of the Partnerships Vertical
- Monitor social media (TikTok, Instagram, etc.) for Commerce opportunities, including viral products and celebrity mentions
- Build own content within the CMS
- Reach out to high-quality experts to provide background information and quotes as needed.
- When needed, write branded content focused on products and services you can buy online.
- Passionate about and/or knowledgeable of the lifestyle e-commerce space and enthusiastic about finding the best products out there
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused
- Experienced in executing SEO best practices
- A strong writer capable of creating engaging, lively headlines and working across several brands at a time, all the while keeping each brand’s voice, values, and style in mind
- A self-starter who can pivot seamlessly as new initiatives and priorities are identified
Part of the Commerce team spirit means embodying these core competencies:
- Manage Ambiguity: You can comfortably deal with change and can decide/act without the total picture. You remain calm and productive while dealing constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Nimble Learning: You’re eager to actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Self-Development: You want to seek new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels. You show a personal commitment to continuously improving, accepting stretch opportunities, and making the most of available development resources.
If interested, apply by emailing a resume, three writing clips, and a one-paragraph summary of your experience to Ariel Scotti <[email protected]> and Meg Lappe . Incomplete applications will not be considered.