Java Backend Developer
Our Dotdash Services team is looking for a dynamic developer with experience developing high throughput backend applications, a strong technical acumen, and software architecture knowledge. As a Java Backend Developer, you will work in a collaborative agile environment, continuing to build and maintain the framework that drives our Dotdash brands. The ideal candidate is eager to work with new tools and languages and realizes that it's all about problem solving and that syntax is secondary.
About your contributions
- Work on a core services platform that has very aggressive performance requirements and services millions of requests per day.
- Work on publicly facing projects that get seen by millions of visitors.
- Rapid release cycles where you'll work side-by-side with other Engineers, Architects, Project Managers, Creative/User Experience Pros and QA.
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and software development lifecycle of every application our team builds.
- 3+ years of stable, professional experience in the development and implementation of multi-threaded and highly scalable Java backend systems.
- Experience working with REST-like services.
- Interested in researching new technologies and approaches to address business needs and to improve existing systems.
- Some exposure to search frameworks (SOLR, Lucene, Elastic Search)
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.