Health/Parents News & Deals Contract Commerce Writer
The Commerce News and Deals team at Dotdash Meredith is looking for a strong, experienced digital writer to join a fast-paced news desk focused on commerce content. This person will pitch and write shopping stories at the intersection of family, parenting, and health for Parents and Health.com.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about shopping and product recommendations, especially in the family and health space, and can create quality content in the Parents and Health voice on a timely basis.
This is a 40-hour/week contract position with a rate of pay of $25-$35 per hour, commensurate with experience. The right candidate will have the option to continually extend their contract and may have the opportunity to join the team full-time. Writers must be based in the U.S. and be comfortable working remotely or near a Dotdash Meredith office (NYC, Des Moines, LA, Chicago).
You will (day-to-day)…
- Pitch and write at least 2 commerce articles per day that generate affiliate revenue
- Identify and carry out commerce content opportunities within parents, health, and wellness categories
- Monitor social media (TikTok, Instagram, etc.) for commerce opportunities including celebrity recommendations and viral products
- Use data and analytics to brainstorm and guide content decisions
- Collaborate closely with numerous writers and editors on the Parents and Health commerce team along with editors on both edit teams
- Build own content within the CMS
- Attend weekly editorial meetings as needed/determined by manager
- A clean writer with at least 2-3 years of experience in the digital editorial space for an online publication (experience writing commerce content highly preferred)
- Knowledgeable about the Parents or Health voice; interested in or familiar with parenting, toys, health and wellness
- Comfortable with digital media metrics and tools, such as CMS platforms and Google Analytics
- Familiar with SEO and affiliate linking best practices
- A quick learner who is excited about commerce media, eager to take on new challenges, and able to identify new content opportunities
- A flexible, organized person who is able to handle multiple tasks at once, and seamlessly pivot and re-prioritize tasks as needs change
- Ideally, you have a bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field
Part of the Commerce team spirit means embodying these core competencies:
- Manage Ambiguity: You can comfortably deal with change and can decide/act without the total picture. You remain calm and productive while dealing constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Nimble Learning: You’re eager to actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Self-Development: You want to seek new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels. You show a personal commitment to continuously improving, accepting stretch opportunities, and making the most of available development resources.
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
If interested, email [email protected] with a resume, three relevant writing clips, and a few sentences on why you’re right for the job.