Editor: Trading & Investing
Investopedia is seeking a Freelance Editor for trading and investing content. We are looking for sharp and experienced finance editors who can edit our content for style and accuracy. You will copy edit, fact check, and edit financial content on tight deadlines to ensure all facts are accurate and supported by reputable sources, citations are properly formatted, and copy is free from spelling or grammatical errors and aligns with AP and brand style guidelines. The ideal candidate is an investing and finance addict, steeped in business news, fascinated with markets, and loves explaining how the world of money and financial markets work. This role pays $30-35/hour and is a contract role.
About Your Contributions:
- Write and edit well-sourced, thorough, and informative articles within the CMS while working with Investopedia editors
- Learn our style, formats, and tech platforms
- Collaborate with freelance writers on improving their copy and maintaining our editorial standards of excellence
- Be able to work on tight deadlines
- 3+ years of experience working for a reputable brand in the investing, finance, and business world. Coverage areas include companies, executives, markets, economies, and influencers
- Strong editorial judgment and skills
- Business or finance journalism experience
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Ability to work remotely
- Fully versed in AP Style
- Knowledge and experience writing about technical analysis for publication preferred
- CMT designation a plus
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash Meredith. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash Meredith recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Meredith Recruiter. If you are in conversations about a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected]