Finance News Reporter
Investopedia is seeking a contract finance news reporter to help increase the cadence of our news program. This reporter will be responsible for covering same and next-day stories, including fiscal and monetary policy, government reports, financial regulation changes, cryptocurrency, IPOs, and stock market moving news coming out of publicly traded companies. Your coverage will not just explain what's happened. It will delve into how that news impacts the markets, personal portfolios, and the reader's lives. A strong understanding of the finance world, particularly markets and equities, is preferred. This is a contract role that requires 40 hours/week, and pays $35/hour.
About Your Contributions:
- Write well-sourced, clean, thorough, and informative articles with clear reader takeaways
- Have a strong understanding of the markets inner workings
- Meet regular deadlines, often daily, to produce top-notch content quickly
- Help the news editorial team set the daily agenda through pitches and attending daily meetings
- At least 1 year reporting on finance for a digital publisher or news outlet
- A knack for clearly and succinctly translating financial jargon to a lay audience
- Constantly plugged in and attune to the news of the financial markets
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Availability during East Coast normal business hours (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Knowledge of AP Style
Dotdash Meredith’s vibrant brands help over 200 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash Meredith is America’s largest digital and print publisher, with brands including PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Allrecipes, Investopedia, Verywell, and more.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability status. The Company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.