Fixed Operations Manager
Fixed Operations Manager
Reporting to a District Manager, the Fixed Operations Manager position is responsible for the growth, increased utilization, and management of assigned locations that could include auctions, dealers, rentals or fixed sites in his/her geographic area. Primary duties include the supervision of PDR, Paint, Wheel, Interior, InFleet/DeFleet operations and technicians, while at the same time managing the vehicle flow and demands of each customer.
- Effectively penetrate all growth opportunities, increasing utilization within assigned locations, to include internal departments such as new, pre-owned, and service.
- Seek out new business opportunities; effectively building relations and creating opportunities while evaluating needs.
- Ensure compliance with company policies including all pertinent employment, safety, environmental laws and requirements to ensure a workplace that safeguards the rights and physical well-being of every employee.
- Walk and check in with assigned operation locations to maximizing all opportunities within the program limits.
- As reconditioning repairs are finished, conduct quality control checks to ensure repair meets standards. Distribute re-do list and follow up to ensure that appropriate repairs are completed.
- Ensure all technicians and other personnel have proper direction, ample work load, and working at peak efficiency.
- Manage all paint supplies and controlling waste while keeping sufficient stock.
- Communicate with the DM/ROD as to any pertinent situation, possible opportunity and help create a plan for implementation if deemed a viable opportunity.
- Prepare an operational update/report for DM/ROD outlining technician performance and accounts in the assigned area.
- Work with Hail Department to prepare hail estimates as needed.
- Coordinate new hire orientation to ensure smooth transition for new employees into the organization.
- Conduct monthly meetings; providing assistance, tips, and feedback on sales tools and other performance-enhancement skills.
- Ensure all technicians receive proper technical support to maximize their reconditioning skills.
- Identify and schedule candidates for advanced training, cross training and/or new product implementation.
- Continue personal development to advance knowledge, improve operations and further develop sales skills staying ahead of the market.
- Act as Team Leader and mentor to Technicians by remaining in close contact daily through a combination of telephone and in-person interface.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues with employee performance.
- Work with DM/ROD/RVP to ensure proper staffing levels are met to handle current and new business opportunities
- Conduct informal and formal performance reviews to ensure employees are aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement, and develop plans to improve their performance and average monthly billings.
- Promote the happenings and direction of DW by conducting monthly technician meetings.
- Work with designated management/service writers and educate regarding Dent Wizard’s PDR, paint repair processes and other reconditioning services.
- Ensure that any DW supplies, tents, vehicles or equipment is kept clean and orderly at all times.
- Visit all assigned locations (existing or target) weekly to build stronger or new relationships with any decision makers.
- Promote DW’s reconditioning services, people and direction in a positive manner.
- If applicable, walk and estimate whole sale, body line, and turn back vehicles on a regular basis to find opportunities.
- Conduct weekly/monthly reviews with certain customers and departments.
- Outstanding communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage, coach, and lead others.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Paint, body shop, PDR or reconditioning skills a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to create and/or implement processes.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Basic computer skills; Excel, Word, e-mail.
- Proven ability to sell.