Position: Marketing Specialist
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Education: Candidate for BASc in Software, Computer, or Mechatronics Engineering or related discipline
Division: Clearpath Robotics Research Solutions
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About Clearpath Robotics Research Solutions
Clearpath Robotics’ research solutions group is a global leader in unmanned vehicle robotics for research and development and provides hardware, software, and services to enable self-driving vehicle development, deployment, and operation. Clearpath Robotics works with over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands in over 40 countries, serving markets that span mining, military, agriculture, aerospace, and academia. Visit Clearpath Robotics at www.clearpathrobotics.com.
About the Job:
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Specialist supports the development and implementation of the content, social and event marketing strategies. Through creative storytelling and other methods, you will develop, publish, disseminate compelling and engaging communications and marketing content, ensuring alignment to Clearpath brand and purpose and supporting corporate strategy and marketing objectives. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Clearpath social media channels, community growth and brand engagement, social media monitoring, measurement and reporting, content research and development, writing and design for social media. Finally, you will play a supportive role in planning, managing and executing marketing events including robotics conferences and tradeshows, and other marketing related activities as required.
- Develop, optimize and publish engaging content to support lead generation and nurturing (e.g., customer stories, robot spotlights, event recaps, announcements, video scripts, etc)
- Ensure all content aligns with brand voice, tone, and editorial guidelines.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video) on company social media channels that builds meaningful connections and encourages engagement
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create and manage editorial content calendar and syndication schedules
- Support and assist with event planning, administrative, and logistics duties for key robotics conferences and tradeshows
- Assist in designing and creating emails, including the Clearpath monthly newsletter, landing pages and other marketing materials
- Assist in adding, modifying and administering products on the Clearpath store using the Shopify ecommerce platform.
Skills and Experience:
- BA in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations
- Strong understanding of inbound marketing strategy and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Proven working experience in content and social media marketing
- Strong writing and editing chops, with a talent for distilling complex ideas into plain language. Whether writing long-form guides or micro-copy, you work hard to make every word matter—even under a tight deadline.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels, web development and design, email marketing and marketing system administration.
- Detail oriented with ability to accurately and efficiently proofread all communications for accuracy and brand compliance
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environments
- Able to coordinate and work effectively across many teams
- Fluency in English
- Experience in a marketing role is preferred. Bonus if you’ve worked at a technology company. You have a track record for producing content that moves the needle.
- Experience with basic photo and video editing using Adobe Photoshop, Premiere or Canva
- Experience with web tools including Pardot, Hootsuite, Wordpress, Social Media platforms.
- A passion for learning about your audience (robotics researchers and developers) and how Clearpath’s products fulfill their needs—as well as a genuine interest in the robotics space.
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863