Junior Quality Analyst
Position: Junior Quality Analyst
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 2+ yrs relevant work experience
Education: Diploma/Degree in a related field
Division: OTTO Motors
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
We are currently selling more robots than we can build! We require an organized individual to assist with inspection of a variety of made to spec. components, to assist with analysis on issued MTS/OTS parts and to communicate solutions to all vested parties. We need a Junior Quality Analyst to take responsibility in ensuring our core products are built with components of the upmost quality as well as ensuring our core products are capable of handling specified end-user requirements. You will be a part of our Quality team helping us make sure that Clearpath robots can handle the world’s dullest, dirtiest and deadliest jobs for many years.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Incoming quality inspection of made to spec.parts
- Testing, troubleshooting of Electrical Harnesses, PCBAs, Electrical Bays/Panels, etc.
- Assist in the creation of NCR’s and document issues learned from your diagnosis
- Process/Traceability documentation
- Work closely with Analyst to support daily inspection objectives/targets
Additional tasks may include:
- Assisting mechanical IQC, assembly inspections, as needed
- Process implementation and refinement
- Participating in Continuous Improvement and 5S activities
- All other duties as assigned
You want to work for a small company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied doing a job less than 100%. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
Required Technical Skills:
- Ability to read a schematic, identify mechanical/electrical components and determine root cause of PCB or robot test failures
- Practical understanding of mechanical/electrical defects
- Practical understanding of cable assembly, PCBA quality standards and common defects
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word, Google Sheets and Docs.
Bonus points for:
- Any of IPC-7711, IPC-7721, IPC-A-600, IPC-9121, IPC-610 training or equivalent
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with ISO standards
- Lean manufacturing experience
- 5S methodology
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.