Senior Network Specialist
Position: Senior Network Specialist
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 5+ Years relevant experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About the Job:
In this role, you will be responsible for owning, maintaining and providing integration of the AMR/Fleet Management products within enterprise IT environments. This role touches on architecture design, providing best practices, and in some instances being able to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with robot deployments both at the networking and infrastructure layers.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Customer-facing experience in pre-sales, implementation and support
- Development of SOWs relating to VLAN segmentation, networking, wireless coverage requirements and MES/WRP system integration
- Creation of documentation on how our products integrate within customers’ environments
- Managing tier 3 escalations from the implementation and support teams
- 5 years of strong IT network design and troubleshooting experience.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proficient understanding of the OSI layer, TCP/IP protocols and their use-cases.
- Proficient in managing and troubleshooting VPN Clients and Protocols (Tinc, OpenVPN, Cisco, etc.)
- Proficient in navigating IT interoperability issues and driving them to resolution.
- Proficient in delivering network topology and server architecture topics to various audiences.
- Must be proficient with Linux and the Linux networking stack.
- Experience in developing and recommending good enterprise infrastructure design.
- Experience with virtual infrastructure such as VMware vSphere technologies.
- Experience with the 802.11 wireless standards by describing best practices and diagnosing/triaging issues.
- Knowledge of Information Security best practices
- Certifications in CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+ and CISSP
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure.
What’s in it for you:
- Work-life balance - vacation, flexible long weekends, half-day birthdays and wellness days
- Flexibility in when you work, core hours are 10am-3pm EST
- Competitive salary and career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your family to support your health and wellness
- Additional perks to get you set up at home/work
- Opportunity to make a difference with the world’s deadliest, dirtiest and dangerous jobs
- Amazing co-workers to laugh and have fun
- Engineering run quarterly Hack Days to pursue interests, passion projects, and experiments
- Enjoy designing the future of robotics!
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.