OS Robotics - Software Developer
Position: OS Robotics - Software Developer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 3+ years
Education: Graduate degree in engineering/CS or a related field
Division: OTTO Motors
About Our Opportunity
At OTTO Motors (a division of Clearpath Robotics, Inc), we design flexible and intelligent autonomous mobile robots for industry, with the ultimate goal of automating the world's dullest, dirtiest, and deadliest jobs.
You will be joining the OS (Operating Systems) team, who are responsible for bridging the gap between the mechanical machine, the autonomy stack and the fleet manager. In this team, you will have the opportunity to experience a very broad software stack ranging from kernel device drivers, application layer components, networking components and fleet management functionality. Your code will ultimately run on the robots and control mission-critical functionality such as battery management, sensor drivers or motor command output.
As a Software Developer, you will:
- Design and implement custom software, ranging from low-level robot control code to fleet communication and application development (C++, Python, ROS, ROS2)
- Architecture development, in conjunction with our Autonomy and Fleet management teams
- Participating in team-wide coding and architecture reviews
- Collaborate with other teams including perception and navigation, fleet management and application UI
- Triage and support of live industrial systems in our test facilities
You come ready with:
- 3+ years of experience working on C++ projects
- Graduate degree in engineering/CS or a related field, with applicable background
- Strong software development skills (C++ and Python)
- Proficiency with Linux (Debian based distributions)
- Working knowledge of the Git version control system
- Used UnitTesting frameworks such as GTest/GMock or other
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to develop software development plans, including timelines and test procedures
- Able to work in Canada
What’s in it for you:
- Work-life balance - vacation, flexible long weekends, half-day birthdays and wellness days
- Flexibility in when you work, core hours are 10am-3pm EST
- Competitive salary and career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your family to support your health and wellness
- Additional perks to get you set up at home/work
- Opportunity to make a difference with the world’s deadliest, dirtiest and dangerous jobs
- Amazing co-workers to laugh and have fun
- Engineering run quarterly Hack Days to pursue interests, passion projects, and experiments
- Enjoy designing the future of robotics!
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self-driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.