Electrical Engineering Designer
Position: Electrical Engineering Designer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 3-5 Years relevant experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Division: OTTO Motors
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visitwww.ottomotors.com.
About the Opportunity
We need an experienced Electrical Engineering Designer to help us take our innovative designs from concept to production. You will be responsible for the electrical/electronics designs of existing and new industrial robotics products. This will range through the entire design process from initial concept design and cost forecasting through to detailed design, harness design, verification and validation, and final release to production. Design challenges will span from high-level system architecture, power distribution to board layout, and field testing. Our hardware must be many things, but reliability is paramount.
This work will involve working with multidisciplinary teams to ensure the product goals are met and customers get the best quality product.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Electrical design on robotics platforms
- Work across teams to root cause analysis and product revision to correct customer issues.
- Working with client success team to root cause and correct in-field issues
- Diagnostics and design revisions of complex mobile robots and manipulation systems
- Harness assembly design
- Integration and testing of prototypes into robots
- Low speed digital/analog circuit design and simulations
- PCBA design, microprocessor and network integration (CAN, Ethernet, ModBUS etc.)
- Stay up to date with industrial design, practices, and standards
An an Electrical Engineering Designer, you come ready with:
- Electrical systems design (3+ yrs)
- Prototyping and debugging experience (3+ yrs)
- Electrical/electronic component selection and validation
- Comfortable working closely within a multidisciplinary team
Bonus points for:
- Experience with industry-standard CAD tools (e.g. Altium, VeSys, Solidworks)
- Kilowatt-class motor controller design experience
- Standards and/or certification experience
- Knowledge of analogue/digital circuit design and PCBs.
- Experience with PLCs and industrial controls
- Knowledge of industrial panel layout, design, and construction.
- Familiarity with mechanical subsystems
What’s In It For You?
- Flexibility in where you work (hybrid or office-based)
- Flexibility in when you work, core hours are 10 am - 3 pm EST
- Competitive salary
- Group Benefits, including EAP and Wellness Days
- Additional perks to get you set up at home/office
- Opportunity to make a difference with the worlds’ deadliest, dirtiest and dangerous jobs
- Amazing co-workers to laugh and have fun
- Enjoy designing the future of robotics!
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.