Title: Logistics Coordinator
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Education: College Diploma
Experience: 0+ years of relevant work experience
Other: G or G2 driver’s license and access to a vehicle
About OTTO Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self-driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
As OTTO Motors grows exponentially, so does the need to receive, handle materials, package, and ship robots. You are adaptable. Where others see barriers, you see opportunities for improvement. No day is the same - curveballs won’t make you break a sweat! This position offers the best mix of responsibility, challenge, and enjoyment. We need someone to come in, take charge, and help keep our materials and shipments moving smoothly.
Reporting into our Logistics Lead, as our Logistics Coordinator you will wear many hats, work with every department in our company, and be around robots that are paving the way for the material handling revolution.
This position requires the employee to be on site for the full day shift. There is no opportunity to work from home. The performance of duties in this position will require the candidate to travel locally (within Kitchener-Waterloo) to our various locations.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Sign for and unload packages from couriers, inspect for visual damage.
- Sign for and unload trucks using a forklift or reach truck
- Receiving Purchase orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Put parts away in their proper locations
- Timely execution of Pick and ship spare parts orders
- Print Pick lists and kit items to support production
- Ensure the Shortage Report is accurate and up to date.
- Quote and arrange small package/LTL shipments to international and domestic customers.
- Packing shipments large and small
- Assist with the coordination of logistics for off-site demonstrations, events and trade shows worldwide.
- Maintain our ERP system to ensure it reflects accuracy during transactions (Receiving, Inventory Transfer, Kitting and shipping).
- Working closely with Production, Purchasing, and Client Success teams, to improve inter-departmental cooperation and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word.
- Comfortable navigating a computer and using software tools
- Able to quickly evaluate and assess a problem situation and prioritize courses of action.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player and self-motivated.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Bonus points for:
- Being an H.T.S code whiz!
- Previous forklift and/or reach truck experience.
- Comfortable using pallet jacks.
- Experience with shipping freight domestically/internationally using UPS and FedEx.
- Experience working with EPR systems and/or JIRA.
- Familiar with inventory/cycle counting, finding root causes and solving discrepancies.
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.