Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Position: Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 5+ Years relevant experience
Education: university degree in a related field
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About the Job
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Manager is responsible for assessing current results, forecast revenues and expenditures and advise us on future budgeting and metrics. By understanding both current results and budget goals, you will help educate business leaders on financial results and prioritize management efforts on projects that will improve the financial health of the business and ultimately result in better financial performance.
Ultimately, you will ensure our financial planning is healthy and profitable and aligns with business objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage complex multi-dimensional financial models supporting strategic plans, annual budgets, rolling forecasts and scenario analysis.
- Develop an understanding of the company’s historical performance as well as an understanding of the key assumptions or drivers and trends that may impact future performance.
- Develop the operating and financial plan required to achieve management’s strategic plan and attain excellent corporate performance management.
- Analyze actuals against budget/ forecast and prior year using the data to advise management on decisions such as how to improve performance, minimize risk or capture new opportunities from both within the company and within the external environment.
- Support decision-making by providing stakeholders with timely, detailed and meaningful insights and visibility on business performance
- Lead and deliver on Digital Finance transformation by identifying areas for technology adoption and streamlining
- Perform ad-hoc analysis where required to assist in management decision-making
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Special Projects
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
- You are a Qualified Accountant (CPA, or equivalent) or MBA or global equivalent degree in a finance, accounting, economics or business-related field.
- You have 5+ years of prior experience in a similar role.
- You have strong experience in working as a business partner in delivering better decision support and enabling strategic initiatives which help to improve organization financial performance. FP&A’s role are the “Eyes and Ears” of the organization liaising corporate and operational teams.
- You have excellent analytical skills as well as a strong business acumen.
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.