Manager Transportation Technology
The Manager Transportation Technology is responsible for supporting and driving system capabilities and enhancements into CJ’s MercuryGate TMS and related technologies. The Manager Transportation Technology will support the user community in resolving incidents, service requests and problems, and also develop new capabilities and functionality required by the business. The Manager Transportation Technology will translate needs into technical and operational requirements so that functional development can be configured, documented and delivered. The Manager Transportation Technology must be highly tuned in to industry best practices and advances with regard to TMS and related technologies. The Manager Transportation Technology is a business partner delivering technical solutions to meet business needs, with direct supervisory responsibilities for a team.
- Manage the relationship between DSC’s TMC and our technology partners including MercuryGate,
- MacroPoint, FreightFriend, HubTran, and other key technology providers.
- Analyze and define customer requirements.
- Develop, configure and enhance Transportation Management Systems, related applications of
integrated solutions and projects. This will include in-house development activity as well as third
party packaged applications.
- Find and integrate new technologies with the TMC, develop best practices on how to use the
technology and implement with the team.
- Develop process improvements with technology enhancements and deliver to the operation.
- Lead assigned projects or tasks, including design and code reviews
- Manage and develop the TMS Super User analyst community through effective measurement of
performance and productivity, providing feedback and guidance where needed.
- Drive positive business results by building an engaged and talented team.
- Manage a team of direct reports.
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in transportation management, to include a combination of any of the following: transportation analysis, planning, operations or managing transportation management systems and super users.
- Knowledge of supply chain technology with an emphasis on Transportation Systems and related technologies.
- Experience in creating / maintaining as-built documentation owned jointly across a multitude of levels.
- MercuryGate TMS Super User.
- Experience using Agile (Scrum) development methods.
- Knowledge of logistics center operations with basic understanding of warehousing, inventory, order fulfillment, customer service, and transportation.
- Experience managing people and projects.
- Strategic planning, budgeting, and operations experience within a transportation management department.
- The ability to translate technical issues into everyday language.
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.