Brokerage Sales Representative
- Build strong relationships with prospects and close new business ensuring our customer promise of exceptional service at an appropriate price.
- Leverage lead sourcing tools to identify potential customers and grow the sales pipeline.
- Engage prospects through various techniques including email, phone or face to face meetings.
- Track all engagement in company CRM.
- Work cross functionally with operations to ensure alignment and success of new accounts.
- Negotiate rates with existing customers and potential customers.
- Drive sales by understanding, recognizing, and consulting both new and existing customers on how our services can transform their business.
- Handle any issues that come up in the normal operation of freight movement.
- Conduct monthly/quarterly business reviews to align with customers and expand relationships.
- Collaborate with Freight Forwarding, Managed Transportation, Assets, & Warehousing divisions to develop tailored solutions for customers.
- Maintain continuous knowledge of market conditions, industry developments, and industry
- Develop an understanding of lane rates utilizing company tools and industry knowledge.
- Assist in the development of any SOPs required to manage the customers’ business effectively.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors degree or related experience.
- 3+ years of relevant brokerage sales experience is required.
- Proven success and experience building a book of business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated by a competitive environment.
- Successful track record of meeting or exceeding annual sales quotas.
- Familiarity with RFQ / RFP processes.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity and professional conduct.
- Experience working with Google Office is preferred.
- Advanced technical ability and skillset in Microsoft Suites (Excel, PPT, Word).
- Ability to persuade, motivate, influence and negotiate with customers.
- Successful candidates in this role will have experience working in a brokerage/spot
environment, with an entrepreneurial mentality.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.