Director Logistics Technology & Automation Design"
Director Logistics Technology & Automation Design
Are you passionate about Information Technology? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in a global company? We need people like you to help us hire the best in the business and we're excited to have you join us in this significant role to ensure we continue to build a diverse and engaged workforce! Come be part of something special at CJ Logistics America!
The Director Logistics Technology & Automation Design is part of the TES (Technology, Engineering, Systems, and Solutions) team with a focus on technology and automation to support warehouse and transportation operations. The Director is responsible for both strategic and tactical leadership of the team by collaborating with vendors, operations, internal departments, and customers. He/she will lead the solution development and implementation of projects that provide increased customer value.
- Identify and design solution deployment with automation, digitalization, and robotics that provide efficient solutions for driving increased customer value.
- Collaborate and lead automation work streams and process methodology for efficient delivery with key parties (vendors, operations, engineering, IT systems, and customers) to coordinate detailed design, commissioning, testing, final acceptance, and network rollout.
- Lead project management responsibilities through the development of implementation plans that meet business requirements, timelines, productivity, and investment strategies based on set goals and action plans
- Drive consistent updates with clear communication to provide oversight and visibility on all activities and performance results, including reporting, critical project issues, proactive mitigation plans, and continuous improvement ideas.
- Direct key analysis on detailed operations profiles and financial metrics to ensure solution fit and client value.
- Collaborate with automation partners on continuous improvement, product development, innovation opportunities, and expanded use cases.
- Drive a culture of innovation and change management through leading cross-functional teams including operations, IT, Engineering, Human Resources, and finance.
Job Qualifications - Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, or a related field.
- 5-10 years experience in related fields
- Proven technical leadership experience in the development, testing, and implementation of large-scale, complex technology projects is desired
- Knowledge and practical implementation experience in logistics automation, engineering, and IT system integration
- Demonstrated ability in analytical and logical thinking; translating different real-life situations into solutions
- Knowledge of Project / Program Management
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to form positive collaborative partnerships with all levels within and outside the organization
- Self-motivated and ability to work successfully in a complex environment, meet deadlines and prioritize tasks, and follow-through
- Client-facing experience
CJ Logistics loves collaboration and a team environment. Therefore, this role is located at our Corporate Office in Des Plaines, IL, and has a hybrid work arrangement (3 days on-site and 2 days remote). Candidates must live within a commutable distance of the corporate office.
Pay, Benefits, and More:
- Competitive compensation package
- Full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k), Life insurance, tuition assistance, PTO, and MORE!
- Growing company with a performance record that continues to climb!
- Opportunity to drive significant changes in Talent Acquisition with an ability to make an impact across the organization
- Open-door work environment
- High-Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where continuous improvement is embraced
- Opportunities for advancement!
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea, and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL), and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service, and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the well-being of the end consumer, our customers, and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North American region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based on race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.