Are you passionate about Engineering, Information Technology, and Design? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in a global company? We need people like you to help us hire the best in the business and we're excited to have you join us in this significant role to ensure we continue to build a diverse and engaged workforce! Come be part of something special at CJ Logistics America!
As the Automation Field Engineer, you will support use case development and deployment of innovative solutions across the network. The key core goal is providing technology-based automation solutions that reduce dependency on manual processes at a cost aligned with the customer. This includes developing and managing deployments of technology and integrating them with upside to throughput, accuracy, and other value-added metrics. Candidate will work with automated MHE, robotics, conveyors, and UI, and integrate those processes into WMS within manual warehouses and planning for automated warehouses. This position will focus on developing CJ Logistics America as a leader in innovation and automation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and present various reports to support new technologies.
- Proficiently provide statistical analysis of processes and demonstrate the ability to apply results to full pallet, partial pallet, and E-com warehouse use cases.
- Provide tools to provide accurate workflow analytics.
- Design and manage implementation of TES technology projects for 3PL customers.
- Demonstrate ability to provide system integration of technologies.
- Develop ROIs and tracking KPIs for project justifications. Be able to defend the integrity of implemented methods and solutions.
- Utilize data analytics to build simulations– Work with simulation engineer on pre-, active, and post-representations of projects.
- Collaborate with operations management to ensure well-thought-out workflow solutions that produce sustainable planned results.
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, IT, Finance, and Business Development.
- Provide presentations to technical, vendor, and customer leadership to report on projects and to propose new projects.
- Assist the sales force with presentations (RFPs) of innovative solutions to our existing and potential customers.
- The chosen candidate will frequently present and update CJ leadership on improvement projects to reduce annual spending.
- Prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects of moderate to high complexity with minimal oversite
- Utilize project plans to set team priorities, deliver on project milestones, prepare for contingencies, and find solutions to technical barriers and obstacles.
- Manage project controls and updates at both macro and micro levels.
- Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines ensuring flawless initial execution and sustained adoption.
- Effectively manage transitions from project to project.
- Develop and lead project work, ensuring logistics center management achieves sustainable results
- Act as a solutions SME between TES and Logistics Center management. Use a win-win approach to resolve differing view
- Undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
- Understanding of IT infrastructures relating to automation.
- Provide project/process leadership to team problem-solving, identifying new project opportunities, and guiding the development of the initiatives through engineering, research, and prototyping.
- Research new vendors to provide solutions. Cultivate vendor relationships to ensure low cost/high value to CJ and customer
- Additional duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering Technology, Automation, Electronics, Engineering Technology, or equivalents
- 1-3 years of experience with warehouse automation, MHE automation, or 2-3 years of experience in warehouse setup, pick line, zoning, racking layouts
- Preferred - Advanced proficiencies in SQL/data mining analytics, AutoCAD, simulation programs, and Office Suite. This job operates both in a professional office/distribution environment and within Logistics Centers across the U.S. with travel – up to 65% (Project-based, may qualify for future relocation to project state.)
Pay, Benefits and More:
- Competitive compensation package
- Full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k), Life insurance, tuition assistance, PTO, and MORE!
- Growing company with a performance record that continues to climb!
- Opportunity to drive significant changes in Talent Acquisition with an ability to make an impact across the organization
- Open-door work environment
- High-Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where continuous improvement is embraced
- Opportunities for advancement!
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service, and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the well-being of the end consumer, our customers, and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North American region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based on race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.