As a Tradelane Manager, you are responsible for executing processes focused on designing and adapting supply chain solutions based on customer needs within an assigned Country Pairing(s) as a strategic International Freight Forwarding Tradelane. As well, this position assists business development managers with tracking and pursuing proposals tendered to customers. The Tradelane Manager represents the company to the marketplace through industry events, the RFP process, conferences, and other lead-generating activities. The Tradelane Manager understands the dynamics, geographics, competitive landscape, market trends, industries and commerce commodities of assigned country(s).
- Develop sales action plans resulting in maximizing NAFF sales revenue and new business within assigned tradelane(s)
- Build close relationships as a Subject Matter Expert with both internal and external customer(s)
- Assist Sales team and management with specific tradelane expertise to develop business
- Identify potential Tradelane customers using statistical tools or other methods
- Support the procurement team and develop relationships with carrier partners to promote the Tradelane and achieve optimal pricing
- Support overseas agent activities acting as the “go-to” person and internal pipeline coordinator for assigned Tradelane(s)
- Assist in securing sales leads for overseas-controlled business and in line with the tradelane development plan
- Convene and participate in operational meetings with other functional areas, offices, and agents abroad to provide improvements in the process for the Tradelane(s)
- Conduct analyses of proposed initiatives, create business cases, prioritize initiatives jointly with Operational & Network teams
- Travel both domestic and international with the ability to work across multiple cultures of assigned tradelane(s)
- Analyze revenue statistics, identify sales opportunities and work closely with operational leaders to help develop client solutions
- Maintain customer sales activity and profiles within company’s CRM for each client
- Perform regular visits to qualified prospects and customers in order to help drive business growth, a larger market share and profitability
- Stay in communication with key decision-makers through value-driven communications.
- Assist Business Development Managers with Developing an understanding of each customer’s supply chain operation and match CJL solutions with that understanding to generate high-impact, customer-centric proposals for assigned tradelane(s).
- Help develop customized value propositions that summarize CJ Logistics America's benefits in customer terms.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related disciplines is preferred.
- A minimum of 4-7 years of experience in a client-facing, selling engagements and account management roles
- Bilingual in the language of the assigned Tradlane(s) is preferred
- Proven ability to generate leads and move them through the sales process.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively along vertical and horizontal planes internally and in client organizations.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage and maintain all facets of complex assignments.
- Problem-solving skills with an aptitude to identify strategic solutions to business problems with enterprise-wide implications.
- Flexibility to work among diverse corporate environments, industries, and audiences.
- Travel as needed up to 40%
CJ Logistics America
We provide integrated supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.
CJ Logistics delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is an equal opportunity employer. It is CJ Logistics America policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.