Lead Architect Transportation Systems
The Transportation Systems Lead Solutions Architect provides IT business process expertise and implements technology to enhance and streamline transportation processes. This position is responsible for learning, defining, and documenting the overall TMS application technology capabilities in support of the application lifecycle and technology planning processes. Acting in a senior technical role, the Lead Solutions Architect is responsible for guiding project implementations based on TMS technology standards, group templates, and industry best practices working alongside the IT and Operations teams. As well, the role will ensure that standards and processes are documented and adhered to by TMS development and implementation projects. The position works with all IT functions in the US and Global CJ Logistics such as Infrastructure, Application Development, WMS, ERP, FF, BI, Data & Analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
▪ Lead technical architecture analysis, research, design and development of new functionality and integration with key applications and services under TMC ecosystems.
▪ Participate in functional discovery and design reviews to assist our partner in learning and developing our TMS solution.
▪ Participate in technical architecture and design reviews.
▪ Participate in the product roadmap and product strategy definition
▪ Guide the development team to develop, configure, and implement the solution as per the functional design documents to meet business requirements (BRD/BDD).
▪ Support development team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies.
▪Participate in and act as an approver in the approval process for all Business Requirement Documents BRD/BDD/FRD as well as FDD’s that will be handed off to the development/configurations teams. ▪ Provide architecture and design guidance to the development
▪ Participate and/or lead in design sessions, demos, and prototype sessions, testing and training workshops with business users and other IT associates
▪ Participate in definition of TMS Technology Strategy including 3rd party applications and integrations with other CJLS systems such as WMS.
▪ Ability to stay current with TMS configuration & development best practices and standards. Manage the process where the end users translate general requirements into system specifications.
▪ Support and document requirements for application configuration, implementation, and training with our vendor.
▪ Participate in Data Conversation and Mock Cutover activities as they relate to the process of Master Data and preparation of testing phases with Mock Cutovers.
▪ Assist with the cutover and implementation activities to support go-live strategy and tasks including new business integration.
▪ Managing the development of test plans and training documentation that is relevant to the business processes.
▪ Plan, manage, and assist in testing required for System Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing as well as software upgrades with new functionality.
▪ Plan and manage user training as it applies to ERP implementations, as required
▪ Additional duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
▪ Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field is required.
▪ MercuryGate TMS Certification is highly preferred.
▪ 10+ years’ experience in architecting technologies. (Transportation Management, Sales & Distribution, Material Management, Warehouse Management, Finance)
▪ Experience in migrating large enterprise applications to hosted infrastructure
▪ Ability to translate functional specifications into technical design documents, provide estimates, and deliver the desired functionality.
▪ Ability to maintain a high level of quality of work under pressure with hard deadlines and a commitment to deliverables.
▪ Demonstrated ability in communicating effectively – both verbally and written with a wide range of individuals across all organizational levels.▪ Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing suite of complex applications
▪ Experience in developing new business processes and managing technical teams.
▪Experience in managing and implementing TM systems, specifically MercuryGate.
▪ Able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
▪ Ability to interpret the user communities' needs and translate into application requirements
▪ Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications ▪ Ability to multitask, managing multiple priorities.
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.