Group General Manager - Bilingual Korean/English
The Group General Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and management of Customer Network. This includes the full P & L responsibilities, this leadership role will support growth, improve operating margin through collaboration with Operations team members and CJ executive leaders. This position will ensure tools and support are in place to meet objectives in the near and long term. Finally, this role will drive operational efficiency across the function to ensure budget targets are met and that operations are being executed in a profitable manner.
Position can be located in Dalton, GA
- Lead and direct the daily operational activities of the dispatching staff, monitoring and follow through of all logistical processes.
- Provide oversight of financial planning, personnel, company asset management/ utilization and overall profitability of the function.
- Lead the assessment, plan development and execution of a full-scale operations and customer support strategy, developing a strategic plan to drive customer and carrier focus into a nationwide operation.
- Provide professional management and leadership to the division, including mentoring and developing key roles and instilling best practices from an operational and sales perspective.
- Business development activities to include bidding process support for existing/ new customers through pricing model development, service expansion initiatives, local and regional customer development and brokerage relationships.
- Analysis and enhancements in areas of network utilization, service/ cost performance and procurement of equipment, fuel, agencies, etc.
- Customer service mindset to handle daily operations issue follow up, customer communication through emails and calls for requests/ inquiries while developing regular cadence of meetings (weekly, MBR, QBR).
- Driving a culture of compliance and safety, using regulatory knowledge of the transportation industry to develop the appropriate awareness and action plans.
- Owner of KPI’s and ensuring performance management system is capable of providing necessary outputs for reporting to NA leadership and global HQ.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain or related field preferred, MBA highly preferred
- MUST BE BILINGUAL - Korean/English
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Logistics/ Brokerage or 3PL segment of the logistics industry
- Experience with LTL and truckload transportation/ logistics contracts and agreements
- Previous P&L responsibility and strong financial acumen
- Proven customer partnership success and strong communication – both verbal and written
- Strong understanding of industry regulatory, compliance and safety protocols
- Team development, organizational structure with ability to define future team design/ needs
- Continuous improvement mentality with strong desire to build best-in-class operations
- Project management experience to include process innovation, service improvement and ability to drive change management and communications required with change
- Travel 35% of the time
Pay, Benefits and More:
- Competitive compensation package
- Full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), Life insurance, tuition assistance, PTO and MORE!
- Growing company with a performance record that continues to climb!
- Opportunity to drive significant changes in Talent Acquisition with an ability to make an impact across the organization
- Open-door work environment
- High Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where continuous improvement is embraced
- Opportunities for advancement!
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.